Author: Eddy555

Assetto Corsa Competitizone (PC)

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 05:08:46 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm thinking about trying this but I have a question. I know the graphics are improved but I was wondering what the aliasing is like in this game. It was poor in the first game and none of the settings made it better.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 05:08:47 Mobile | Show all posts
It's using Unreal Engine 4 so AA is much improved

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:08:47 Mobile | Show all posts
So, build 0.3 is out today with the BMW and Paul Ricard track (love it or hate it), plus..... MULTIPLAYER
Things have moved on for me too, I bought some Fanatec V3 pedals a few weeks back and I am just waiting delivery of a Accuforce Direct Drive wheel which was on offer from SimXperience (about $300 off).

That means I will have my Logitech G27 (base, pedals and shifter) up for sale soon on these boards.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:08:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Haha, gone all in then, won’t be long now before you see the better build quality of the AF and swap out those V3’s for some Heusinkveld Sprint pedals .

What rig do you have? I hope it’s sturdy because the wheel rim/QR alone weighs nearly as much as a G29 let alone base, it felt unsafe on my old NLR GT Ultimate rig.

I really need to play this again soon but been busy on the backlog, GTAV almost done now though!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:08:48 Mobile | Show all posts
I just have a Play seat at the moment, but hoping to change up to a motion rig sometime early next year, like the Prosimu T1000 3dof.

Use magic Report

I’ll be honest I’m not sure how well that is going to work, the amount of flex and wobble it induced on my GT Ultimate which is a dual post design was eye opening to say the least.

Let’s put it this way I got the V2 in the sales early December by January pay day I had a Sim Lab P1 on order .

It’s really going to rattle the sh*t out of it but I guess as a temporary thing it will do but don’t be surprised to find yourself ordering things earlier than expected.

I’d loved to have jumped from a G29 to a DD wheel though the build quality alone is going to blow you away!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Just realised my typo, I actually have the G27 not G29 (so I have change my original post).
I know my rig isn't the strongest, but I am sure I can reduce the strength of the DD so it doesn't snap welds.

Just looked at the GT Ultimate and to be honest, despite being a twin post design doesn't look as strong as this. The metal looks thinner with a narrow diameter and at a greater angle.
Time will tell I guess (getting it tomorrow ).

Use magic Report

It’s a lot bigger than it looks, the front section alone weighs 25kg however the wheel weighs over 10kg and it would create a speed wobble but you’ll see .

You’re in for treat though and when you get a sturdier rig it only gets better.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:08:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Well it arrived mid afternoon and I didn’t get to have my first drive until mid evening. It took some setting up for some reason.

My G27 wheel is up at an angle where the AFV2 has a straight shaft, so instead of pointing to my chest (like the G27) it’s pointing to my stomach so it’s uncomfortable. My Playseat support is not adjustable for angle either. I wish I had bought the angle bracket too now.
Still, that didn’t stop me using it.

For some reason it couldn’t be seen in Windows (10), even though it calibrated ok and (eventually) was seen in Simcommander and even updated the firmware ok.
I did manage getting it working correctly eventually though (no idea how).

Tried it in AC first and immediately realised to was set up too strong, so knocked it down a bit and it was much better.
I then went into ACC and what a different. After 3 laps (Paul Ricard in the BMW) I was used to it, at lap 5 i broke my record by a second (still only 1:57.xxx). There is still a lot of tweaking but I’m sure I will get down to 1:55 at some point when the wheel is pointing the right direction for instance.

I ran ACC a couple of times and at one point it decided to recalibrate the wheel. Unfortunately the cable was still attached and it ripped it out, pulling the cable out of the plug part. Thankfully they supply 2 cables, but still gutted I broke this one after only a couple of hours.

Overall very happy with the wheel, the FFB is amazing, you can feel every little bump in the road and know exactly what you front end is doing. It actually fills you with confidence.
My Playseat is holding up but I still think an upgrade would be better but can hold out until I buy my motion rig.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:08:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Build 0.4 out on Steam now.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules