Author: Eddy555

Assetto Corsa Competitizone (PC)

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 05:08:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Haven’t played it for a while as the last time I tried the menu kept disappearing in VR after one seesion.

FYI, I know you were asking about the NLR V3 vs the full platforms. A new option to look into is the SFX-100 DIY: www.opensfx.com

Looks awesome and I’ve decided to get one over the NLR V3. I reckon you should look into it, I believe the cost of it and a Sim-Lab P1 rig would come in at about the same as the V3 and it will certainly be much sturdier than those flimsy full motion ones you were looking at. It’s basically a D-Box but £1500 rather than £15000!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Look amazing, but where do I buy it from and how much?

Use magic Report

You basically have to buy the individual parts and build it, all for about £1500 for the motion actuators. The process looks relatively simple I’m just waiting for pay day and then I will be all over it.

The difficult part is finding UK suppliers but there are resources getting put together to make that easier. So there are parts which have to be bought from certain shops and others where you can branch out elsewhere like some of the bolts and there is a person at one of the companies who is doing a package from China for everyone rather than through the original (expensive) German suppliers.

I can let you know once I’ve bought it all and there is a big thread on RaceDepartment where I’m getting more help/info from.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Update 0.7.1 is excellent, so get downloading people.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:08:53 Mobile | Show all posts
I bought this the moment vr was implemented as a show of support... However is it working fully yet? Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 05:08:53 Mobile | Show all posts
VR worked pretty well in 0.6. Had to start it without Steam VR running bit it may have improved that for 0.7

Use magic Report

I unlocked my safety rating the other day so went onto a lobby with the intention of improving it, just to get hammered around by the usual bunch of numpties.

ACC has a lot of support for safe racing so I'm wondering if now is finally the time to build up a bit of a community and a safe server.

I have quite a lot of infrastructure available in a datacentre and can easily run a server 24/7.

It can be configured to a high minimum safety requirement which means there's a good chance the riff raff wouldn't be able to join.

All it needs is a core community of people to use it regularly, that'll attract other people to join.

I have a friend who plays regularly and is up for it. Neither of us are what you'd call fast, but we're clean and can keep the car on the track.

The idea would be to just join and have casual races together, get on Discord so we can chat too.

If we can get 5 or so on there regularly then that'll encourage others with the requisite safety rating to come in too and who knows what could happen.

Anyone who's up for joining and starting a safe, clean, relaxed racing community, let me know.

This game is worth it.

Use magic Report

When is version 1.0 due?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
@Presuming Ed I briefly tried it on my new build but having the same issue as on my previous PC, the inside of the car looks great but everything outside the window looks blurry/hazy.  Without having ventured on to the ACC forums (as yet) just wondered if there are any particular settings I need to adjust to make everything outside the car look sharper?  Thanks.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:08:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Hmm for a while the outside world looked terrible for me - something had definitely gone wrong with the textures. The track surface texture, especially, was just plain wrong.

I couldn't fix it in the end so removed the profile folders so they'd all get created as default and that fixed it.

Also, I'd been using some little text file hacks in previous versions that supposedly sharpened everything - editing an engine.ini file I think - but it had a negative effect on this version and removing it improved things considerably. So if you have edited that file, might be a good idea to delete it and get a Steam file check to replace it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部