Back New

Honest opinions appreciated on this proposed Hi-Fi separates system purchase!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:13:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Just wanted to give you another  1 for your PMC choice!

I have a pair of Twenty.26's in my main Hi-Fi system and they are simply wonderful, so your speakers   Sub should be a very good combination. It's funny; PMC actually brought out the Twenty.25 range intending to phase out the Twenty series, but they proved so popular and highly rated they didn't bother!

So:

Speakers - PMC Twenty.21
Sub - anything by BK within budget
CD player - Marantz CD 6006

This only leaves the amp and streamer to consider. As with anything, get your choices down to two, maybe three maximum, then demo if you can. If not, then just ask on here and hunt around online for the best price.

You don't need to over complicate this with too many choices. After all, it's just CD and streaming you're after and you already have some existing kit that may be used with any new purchases. And you don't have to blow your entire budget! You can still get good kit at modest prices these days if you shop around.

Good luck!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 01:13:22 Mobile | Show all posts
@Derek S-H - you are correct, I now have at my disposal many options courtesy of the sage folk here on this forum and I now need to go away and make a decision on the two items which I remain unsettled on. Just in case anyone might be interested, I'll report back with info on which way I finally went (probably around mid December).

Thanks again to all for contributing to this thread. You can consider my mind blown by the collective knowledge of the good people on this forum who chose to take the time to try and help me out.

Use magic Report

28-11-2019 01:13:23 Mobile | Show all posts
I can absolutely recommend the Focal Arias imho you still cant buy any standmounters under a grand that will touch them.
I have also had an XXLS400 in the past and while it was an awesome sub for the money it wasnt the most musical.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部