Author: wrench86

Tado smart thermostat

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:02:04 Mobile | Show all posts
I placed an order on some rental gear first week in Jan.  Estimated dispatch of March - not a great introduction to their products!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:02:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Their social media just claims "its with Apple for verification" in regards homekit support.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:02:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Yep terrible really, especially as their site says delivery 1-2 weeks.  Its been 2 months for me

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:02:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Yep that's all they've told me. Been that way since November.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:02:08 Mobile | Show all posts
The one I ordered came today so fitted it after work this evening and all in took about 20-30 minutes. So far so good with boiler firing up and turning off as told to. Feels very odd setting the heating to always on.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:02:09 Mobile | Show all posts
I emailed them to ask about this and they said it would cause a battery drain hence why it isn't on all the time, but yes it would be nice to have the option to have it on or off. I have emailed them again for a suggestion to do just this. Might be worthwhile sending one too as the more people asking for it, the more they might implement.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:02:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Finally got an order processed email.  No shipping confirmation yet though :/

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:02:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok turns out my Tado arrived this morning via ParcelForce.  I also found my shipping confirmation, went into my spam for some reason.

I actually spoke to Tado CS in regards their recent email about homekit bridges.  They said they hope to be shipping them Q2 2017.  In regards to my purchase they said i will get a new bridge that then enables homekit functionality at no additional cost.  This might be because im on the rental plan though.

Looking forward to getting it setup this weekend, just in time as our house is constantly cold at the moment.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:02:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Created a small blog post about my Tado installation / setup / first impressions.

Geek Blog of Randomness

Will be updating as i get it setup.

EDIT: hope this doesnt break any rules about linking to self blogs

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:02:11 Mobile | Show all posts
update on my tado experience. reminder ive got it setup in the hallway. so i usually have it set to 21.5. whats happening is the hallway is getting to temperature and retaining the heat longer than the other rooms, one of my living rooms is loosing heat quicker than the rest. it is a longer room, 4m x 10m. ive also installed some curtains the other where we have sliding doors going out to the garden, to help with heat loss, but its still loosing heat quicker than the other rooms.

im checking the temperature with a calibrated room thermometre, plus it actually feels colder than the rest of the house. ive done the usual bleeding and balancing etc etc. it defintiely helped but the simple fact that the hallway where the thermostat lives gets warm and stays warmer for longer is making this living too cold.

so my only choice is to either buy the extension kit and keep the thermostat in wireless mode in the long living room, or get the new double glazing windows and sliding doors installed!!!

what temperature have u guys been setting your schedules to? would be nice to see someones schedule. thanks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部