Author| 1-12-2019 21:02:12 Mobile | Show all posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:02:12 Mobile | Show all posts
We have that same inside upstairs currently where the standard zone 2 Honeywell stat is. I'm planning on replacing that with another Tado but they are really slow at responding to my emails.

The zone 2 stat is in our bedroom and that room retains the heat much better than all the other rooms upstairs. So they are all cold and the bedroom is warm.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:02:12 Mobile | Show all posts
Just got my tado thermostat and radiator thermostat installed today. Install was very straight forward and the tado installation guide was superb.

So far I'm still getting to grips with the app so I've used the default schedule for mon-sun. I need to monitor how well this works and then adjust accordingly.

The thermostat is actually in the smallest room in the house so i suspect once that gets to temp the other rooms will decrease in temp as the little room will maintain its temp longer.

It might be a simple case of adjusting the trv in that room.

Once I've got used to it I'll update on how's things are going. Only thing I've noticed so far is the heating has been on most of the day getting the house to 20 degrees however the away mode works. The house hasn't felt cold at all.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:02:13 Mobile | Show all posts
You can set an offset in the settings so it knows that the thermostat area is slightly warmer or cooler than the area you want heated the most.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:02:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Ah excellent will give this a go!

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:02:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Is there a way of reordering the zones?   I created my daughters room first and now that defaults to the first page whilst the thermostat in the living room is on the second page.  I want this the other way around.

Also i might need to contact their support to discuss how the zones are supposed to work.  The radiator thermostat in my daughters room is configured to be 17 during the night (same as the main thermostat).  Looking at the app this morning before the schedule kicked in to increase to 20 degrees the room temp was reporting 15 and the heating wasnt on heating the room.

I was under the impression that if the room is colder than the requested temp the heat would be put on to maintain this temp in her room regardless of the other parts / thermostats in the house.

I also need to go around and manually adjust my other radiators, they seem all over the place in regards temperature and flow rate.  Annoyingly the rest of the upstairs ones dont have TRVs and the vavle/locksheild covers are missing so i have no idea which is flow and return.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:02:15 Mobile | Show all posts
How do you guys handle guests if you are away from home etc..?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:02:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Just get them to use the thermostat manually

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:02:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Oh so manual overrides away mode. That's fine.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:02:18 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd use the radiators with trv on them as a guide. So my trv equipped radiators are on the right hand side of the rads, so I used that logic for my other rads.

Also calibrating ur radiators makes a huge difference.

Tado also do say in the first few weeks the device is learning how ur heating system works, I presume it may have been calculating how long it takes to drop and then bring back to designated temperatures. Because mine does switch off once it hits desired temps and then comes on at desired temps as well. It does however sometimes stay on even though it goes 0.3 above my desired temp but I think it does that so it can stay off for longer.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部