Home automation: BTicino, OpenWebNet, SCS bus

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:41 Mobile | Show all posts
Welcome joft

Question for anyone...... I was discussing the lack of home BUS systems in the UK and it was said that there is a law that prohibits data cables and power cables in the same conduit. Is that true?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi,

Is anyone using Google assistant to control the BTicino BUS via Harmony IR commands?

I have a an old Harmony which works well with BTicino IR receiver. I can activate various scenarios based on the IR button pressed. I do not have a Harmony hub but will soon get my hands on a Note 8, and so I was wondering its worth upgrading my old H1.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:38:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi everbody,

Anyone still active here?
Today i noticed that the driver manager F459 is available in middle europe as driver manager for NUVo. Does anyone know if it is useable to connect different weather stations as discussed a long time ago?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi Tom. Yes I am still active if there is something to respond to but I have almost given up on posting about this stuff here as there is so far hardly anyone else posting. Its really, really slow, so I guess the guys are either are not interested in coming over here or haven't seen the links I posted pointing here.

No idea about the F459 but would be interested in knowing more. I have my weather sensors and they work very well as limit switches.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:38:44 Mobile | Show all posts
I am slowly trying to set up my system Mark as you can see! I am working all day so difficult to try stuff. Do not give up I am going to support as much as I can! I don't see any alternative to Bticino forum and so far here I can friendly speaking about everything that is bticino related.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:45 Mobile | Show all posts
I moved this to here to keep the threads tidy

You got my curiosity piqued so I did a quick google to check for new developments

OpenHab looks interesting:
[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New Binding: BTicino / OpenWebNet 2.0 binding ready for testing

Bticino - Bindings - openHAB 2 - Empowering the Smart Home

Also some chatter for Home assistant:
Bticino MyHome?

And I thought it was dying but there is some some talk on the BTicino forum about MyOmBox .. LOL the same Tony is asking there too
MyOmBox   F454 - MyOpen

Would love to get IFTT or similiar working with MyHome, also voice control would be cool.

A comparison of the main platforms is here:
http://smarthomeblog.net/openhab-home-assistant-domoticz/

If there is enough interest in these platforms I will start a new thread for it????

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:46 Mobile | Show all posts
I have took my BTicino BUS automation about as far as I can or want to go and was wondering what to play with next.

I have a spare Raspberry Pi.... so, what platform to try ..

OpenHab ... looks like it should work with BTicino MyHome.. Two bindings available.

Home Assistant .. work in progress for BTicino MyHome

Your opinions, experiences please...I think OpenHab is the one.

Is the MH202 OK as gateway for either?

For OpenHab....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:38:46 Mobile | Show all posts
I think the MH202 it is fine to use as Gateway! I started to load Home Assistant and stopped then I started with OpenHab and I stopped! I am running out of time!

I think you can try both and see how to go with them!

Home Assistant looks quite good and for some of the application is really plug and play! I didn't load the plugin for Bticino yet! I stopped because it looks like not too much on Bticino

I started with OpenHab and so far not too bad. I have been reading a lot of stuff about it and looks promising. Loaded the first time! I am spending a bit of time in setting up the working environment!

So not too much to share at the moment!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Which binding are you using for openHab?

I tried last night with the new test binding. I put the jar file in the folder suggested for addons (/usr/share/openhab2/addons/)  but there was no sign in inbox of BTicino after reboot of Pi. It was late and I gave up. Will check if the jar file permissions are OK tonight. If that fails then go back to standard addon install with the older binding... I think I should be using this one anyway..

I need some hand holding so maybe we can work through it together?

I did a  search here for OpenHab and didn't see much talk. That's surprising as I thought the guys here would have been more interested in bringing all their home automation stuff together onto one platform and working with each other. I am noob with openhab so lets see how it goes

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Update... if anyone is following... I got Openhab2 working with the openwebnetBUS using the latest binding. I tried the older binding too but didn't get it to work... I think that was becasue I am noob and didn't know what I was doing.

For a test I created a rule >>>  Office light comes on when my phone connects to the LAN and goes off when it disconnects.  To my surprise it worked

I had few small issues at first...
Be patient... I think I had had some connectivity issues that caused some frustration.Connecting via samba to the relevant folders was easy and better than using FTPAdding devices was easy through the GUI but creating rules requires editing a txt file..It looks scarier than it actually was in the end.Use the log to see what if anything its doing.. http://openhabianpi:9001/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部