Author: m4rky_m4rk

Home automation: BTicino, OpenWebNet, SCS bus

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi, Welcome, Please, if you have an opportunity,pass the word around on the  BTiciono forum that some of us friendly types are now here

I haven't got an F454, although I was wondering if its useful. From past threads I seem to remember it having some IP access restriction range to be set up. You could connect to it via USB and check the settings.

Manual is here
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:38:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi, I will pass the message around

The reason I got an F454 was that I want to have control of my lighting via my smarthome and a solution I came across was via a solution called MyOmBox which requires an F454. I don't know if you know that solution?

I'll have a look at the ip access restriction. Would this require for example the PC IP address to be in a specific range?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:38:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Following up on your idea of ip address restriction, I've come across the following bTicino MyHome control with live feedback for IOS and Android. - MyURemote - Universal Remote Control App

"BTicino has chosen a rather strange password policy. Their own tools  make a connection using a password. However, the password protocol is  not publicly documented. They do allow to specify one or more ip ranges, from which you can  communicate with the gateway without password.
the bTicino tools need to be run from an ip address outside the range of enabled ip addressesyour device (IOS, android)  needs to be run from an ip address within the range of enabled ip addresses without password"I'll have a go this evening

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:12 Mobile | Show all posts
I am using atMyHome android app for interacting with the BUS. It connects to the MH202 as unofficial gateway. It can control lights, switches, heating, scenarios and other stuff. It even downloads a snapshot from my IP cameras. I am using openVPN (on a Raspeberry Pi) to connect to my network securely.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:13 Mobile | Show all posts
I think this topic could prove popular so I created a thread for the F454 webserver

BTicino MyHome bus: Webserver

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Addresses for different device types do not conflict eg blinds, lights, probes, scenarios.. they all have there own addresses and I believe they do not have to be different from each other although maybe its good practise. I say believe because mostly I do keep them different where possible and use a xls spreadsheet to manage the addresses... actuators, probes, contact interfaces, boolean, scenarios CEN and CENplus, switched sockets etc. I have not noticed any conflicts.

Hopefully someone can confirm because I have not tested what happens when the address are the same. I am here to learn too

Some info to help understand but do not worry about it if not. You do not need to know it........also I may be wrong again.....Behind the commands on Screen10, MH202 Scenario controller are Openwebnet commands. This part is open source and there is info on the web and apps and devices using it. eg atMyHome phone app, MyOmbox etc etc

The Openwebnet command consist of: Who, What,  Where, Dimension string. This part is opens source and you can read about it and construct your own commands. I send them using the phone app I mention and also sent the Openwebnet commands in a console window from a PC but the Openweb password part needs a script to enter it and to keep the console window open long enough to enter commands. Below Openwebnet layer is SCS bus layer and this part is propriety to BTicino

Who is specific to the type of thing that the command is sent to. Here is a list:

More info here:
OpenWebNet - Wikipedia

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:38:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi M4rky and thank you for your response. When progtrammed for the first time my system, I gave a blind the same address than a light. this made a conflict in my system without sending an error message, but a lot of lights didn't work any more until I found the address I gave on 2 different devices. I was looking for 1 week to find resolve this problem.
Therefor I also created a Dynamic table on Excel to find out all my devices and their details like address, Module Name, etc....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:38:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Is atMyHome an android app ? Cannot find it on Iphone. Regarding MyOmbox, does this App need a special Box plugged on the Bus or Network ?

I only use the app called MyHomeUp on my Iphone.

Best Regards

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:16 Mobile | Show all posts
OK.. good to know. Maybe the conflict to avoid is only lights and blinds.. Can be same actuator type but configured either for blind or light mode.  I am guessing but scenarios, contacts, booleans are completely different address ranges and behave differently... no actual hardware connected to the address..

Are you installing everything yourself? Normally the installer would configure addresses. Are you using advanced/virtual config or the push in configurators?

Excel table is really useful I added a column for 'device function' lights, blinds, sensor etc and use filters to help quickly find an address when I need it. Good when creating scenarios,

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:38:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes its an Android app.. I am not an Apple fan but maybe there is something similar from the developer for Apple. Check out Google play website to get link to the developer. Or maybe someone here can usggest a good app for the iPhone.

atMyHome – Android Apps on Google Play. There is a free version too.

Will be checking out the new Samsung Note 8 soon I hope

MyOmBOX needs some hardware from the company and the BTicino webserver. I am not sure if MH202 is enough as gateway. Looks like its basically Raspberry Pi hardware. I don't have the OmBox but did think about it and try free some stuff on a Pi myself.

With the phone app for remote and local control and now the screen10 panel and some HD4680 scenario switches I haven't found the need for either the Ombox of the webserver. If I knew more maybe there are other advantages I am not aware of...

Do you have any BTcino video door/gate entry control?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部