BTicino Smart home

Other related AVF threads, please post in these if appropriate:
BTicino MyHome bus: Classe 300x & SFERA video door entry
BTicino MyHome bus: MH202 advanced scenario controller
BTicino MyHome bus: Webserver
BTicino MyHome bus: Homescreen10 LCD panel

Useful: Openhab2 binding
Open source software to bring many home automation devices onto one platform
[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New Binding: BTicino / OpenWebNet 2.0 binding ready for testing

Hi,

Is anyone here using this type of home automation in their home? I know its more popular in Europe and elsewhere but some here might interested in discussing the kit, uses experiences etc.

I would like to discuss this topic, share ideas, new kit, help out with issues etc.

My background:
I have BTicino bus system installed throughout my house. This means and I can control from home or away my external louvred blinds (no curtains in my house), all lights, room heating. Most devices are hard wired with 2 wire bus cable but some components are WiFi connected and some are connected to my LAN and WAN via VPN. I can operate the components and scenarios via wall switches, mobile app, web browser, and LCD touch panels.

I have an advanced scenario controller... Boolean state logic is very useful. All lights, shutters and some sockets are addressable. All switches can be configured and reconfigured to send commands to any of these addresses or to the scenario controller. I have about 90 scenarios set up; mostly blind control.

I also have video door entry control, some IR interfaces (used with Harmony remote for movie watching). I have temperature probes in all rooms, external temperature probe, wind, light and rain sensors.

Using the sensors with the scenario controller, boolean logic and the various timers (sunset, sunrise for geo location) allows me to create some 'useful' automation.

e.g.
Blinds: use of the sun energy for room heating (large south facing windows), early morning wake up, evening blind closure,  prevention of over heating, storm protection (blinds are external), at home simulation, sun illumination control, all blinds up, down scenes, different scenarios for guests present, time of year, patio in use etc etc
Lights: Mood scenes, movie scenes, all lights off, welcome home lights, security lights, at home simulation, guest present etc etc
Sockets: Water pump control (I store rainwater for the garden watering), lighting control, timers etc
Other: garage door control, main house door lock, alarm state, sensor state

I also have various IP cameras and cloud based sensors for monitoring and phone/email alerts.

I hope this of interest to some on here and we can share experiences and ideas. eg I am interested in combining other home automation things with the bus... eg cloud based IFTT, Conrad Connect and others
Conrad Connect is quite new and I am a tester. Check here if you want to take a look:
Your Home for Smart Devices • Conrad Connect IoT

Mark.

Note to mods: Just in case your are wondering why new members are joining to view this thread... Due to my and others dissatisfaction with the official BTicino, Legrand forum I redirected forum members here. I hope that's OK.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:37:44 Mobile | Show all posts
hi there,
I also am using this technology in multiple instances, and developing software to control it
GitHub - sxpert/myhomepy: Python library for MyHome automation
currently working on the virtual configuration side of things
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:37:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Phew .... I thought I'd been the only one here who with a BUS wired house. I wanted someplace to chat about MyHome and its uses. Lets see if anyone else turns up. I think this forum section would be a good place to chat. Have we met before on the BTicino site ?

While you are here   can the 300x Classe touch panel set up be accessed via MyHome suite? When I try MyHome suite crashes. I posted such at BTicino. I see the Classe 300x IP on my LAN but only port 111 is open.

Also, is it possible to use the MyHome screen 10 panel as a gateway and can I access anything with a browser? When I try I just get a help page.. no settings, or screens? I currently use MH202 scenario controller as a gateway. I should do a port scan

I ask because I would like to see the status of some basic contact interfaces I have (weather station). I see them on the screen 10 panel but wanted a way to remotely (via VPN) check the contact statuses somehow.  I have the atMyHome app on my phone but I do not see how I can add contact interfaces to it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:37:46 Mobile | Show all posts
am "sxpertle" there
looks like you need to use the usb port in the back to configure the 300x with MHS
I can't try at the moment, but will do as soon as I get close to a screen 10

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:37:46 Mobile | Show all posts
300x ... thought so but not tried yet. It seems my installer left in default condition and it all worked as is. Door bell camera unit,  screen 10, and 300x all seem to work together with door video and door lock release working on all,,,,,,but when I check all the PP MM and NN settings/configurators I find that they are 0/empty.

He did tell me  that the 300x would not work as intercom with the screen 10 but I found it does.

sxpertle vs sxpert ... guessed that too

Try screen 10? As gateway or access over network? Thanks by the way for the support. now and in the past.

... long ramble ahead!!!

It would be worth pointing a few more BTicino guys to this thread or it will die. I know there are few wanting to chat and compare notes about stuff

I hope this thread doesn't die because I think there is/was a good community spirit amongst the users to tap into and sadly not much user experience information in English available. There was always the problem that there was no decent friendly place to talk. I hope we can fix that here and BTcino might win a few more customers if people gain confidence from our discussions. It was one of my worries when I chose BTicino gear.... lack of user support, forum discussions, puts people off discovering the advantages of something unfamiliar like a BUS system. I think UK based guys will not know much at all about these sort of options that we discuss. But maybe they would like to know more

However, after taking the brave pill,  I seemed to have got it going quite well without too much stress with a bit of help from guys like you. Thanks again.  My house seems almost alive and some times a bit crazy... which is usually my faulty logic.

Installers have no patience for fiddlers and fine tuners like me; and in some areas I think I know more than he does from fiddling

For future I would like to play around connecting cloud based IoT stuff to the BUS side, Alexa etc etc. , RPi and Ardunio too and see what they can bring. RPi VPN has been great way to access my LAN side, and I did briefly try Grasshopper image on a Rpi too. I have Rpi IP cameras showing on my screen 10.. but doesn't keep my login details in memory so there is some work to do there.

Why is the screen 10 browser permanently 'experimental' There's been no update for 1 year that I can see.

Enough

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:37:47 Mobile | Show all posts
hello to all,
i´m "mr-sk" on myopen-forum and i have a bticino-installation in our house, too. sorry i´m no programmer but at the moment i´m trying to implement "openhab" system on a raspberry (connected temperature-sensors for outside-temp, solar- and heating-system).
greetings, stefan

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:37:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Super

I hope a few more join us. I am not a programmer but don't mind having a dabble if I have too. Most of the time I only a just a little bit better that totally clueless... hence lots of questions to ask.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:37:49 Mobile | Show all posts
aaah, grasshopper was my first way to implement the raspi, too. working very stable and fast, but unfortunately only lights and shutters to control with it. because of that i changed to openhab. more to control (scens, thermoregulation, email-notification) but even more complex. biggest problem at the moment: works after restart of raspi for 1-10 hours and then stops monitoring bus-traffic. perhaps i´ll have to try new installation...

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:37:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Hello, I am hleopoldseder on myopen. I also have a bticino installation in my house (F454, MH202, F420, MH4893C). I'm using the imyhome app to control my installation from remote. At the moment i am trying to get all my automations (heating, robo mower, photovoltaik etc.) work together wit openHAB. I'd be glad, if someone of you has openHAB experience, to discuss and exchange knowledge.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:37:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi, I would also like to know more about openHAB

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules