12345678910Next
Back New
Author: marrtroon

Toshiba Regza 3030 digital channels fault

[Copy link]
1-12-2019 22:28:42 Mobile | Show all posts
(know its an old/dead thread) just had the same issue with my 47z3030db, it must be a march thing! called number given on thread and they new straight away what the issue was and started to book me in for a fix then when giving them my ph no the line went dead and now when i try to call back the automated system says they cant connect my call and to call back later?

the only reason im posting is because i cant find any other info and might help others

update=got through today and they said that a BT engineer had cut there telephone lines outside their callcentre (those pesky openreach engineers strike again!), anyway was booked in for free repair (firmware update), and am expecting a callback. have had the tv for just under 2 years now and out of warranty

i found this on the italian toshiba website that sheds some light on these issues, its a notice on the main page:
                             'CONSUMER ELECTRONICS GROUP
                             GROUP COMPONENTS FOR ANTENNA SYSTEMS
Dear Associates,
with reference to terrestrial TV signals transmitted in digital technology, some manufacturers have reported strong
issues (evident particularly in the areas of switch-over and switch-off) resulting from the presence in
air television signals that affect the abnormal functioning of devices with
digital tuner, resulting in many cases the blocking apparatus.
Given this situation, many consumers mistakenly led to believe that the
malfunction is caused by a technical problem of the receiver are returned as faulty the
products to retail outlets at which they were purchased, creating considerable damage in terms
economic and image producers.
Anitec intends to take action against the representative organizations of broadcasters, and
possibly with competent institutions so that the matter be resolved as
quickly as possible.
To this end we ask you to give us every possible detail (type of anomaly, areas of higher incidence
issuers or mux concerned) about the problems encountered by you.
We will inform you about developments.
Sincerely
Tiziano Kidneys'
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:28:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi everyone and thankyou ALL, my tosh packed up last week with the exact same fault everyone on here has said. I had an engineer from COMET come out to look at it, costing me £99.
He said it needs a software update, and would organise another engineer to come with the necessary software next week.
The charges are not refundable, he said that i will have to contact Toshiba, after reading the comments on here thats exactly what I am going to do...
I have had Toshiba telivisions for many years now, this is the first EVER that has failed. Let you all know in time how I go on.
THANKS ALL.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:28:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Phoned Toshiba to find out why Tech guy did not call as promised. was asked for consignment number, was not given one, was given Job number.  . Tele-rep told ME D P- D WERE UPLIFTING MY TV TO UPDATE SOFTWARE, they worked late. Call again in morning if no one turned up. Felt Tele-rep was b---=........me.

Wish I knew some other way to rectify this problem. Don't like the idea of my property being taken out of my house for a job that can be done as I have been told in 5 minutes..

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:28:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Anne
when you call Toshiba they should give you a ref. number and tell you they will get a company close to you to contact you and arrange the updated software. The company allocated then contact you to arrange a visit timescale or give you a time. They generally work on 'job and finish' so can be after 5-00pm anyway. there is no need however to take away your set. they simply plug in a flash rom into the back of the set and the software is automatically loaded.
They then auto tune the set again and thats it. 10 mins at most.
Give Toshiba another call and queery the situation if your not happy. (don't forget to write down who you speak to and who they say will repair the set etc. then you can trace them back if there is a problem.
  Regards Dave

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:28:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi Dave
           Yesterday phone rep gave me the number of the job ------- by this number. guy would I,D,  himself,
SHE DID SAY THEY MAY HAVE TO UPLIFT TO REPAIR, they would bring a box to package, also asked if their was someone to help Tec,  carry it.(I live in a tenement) My son changed his off day to be home today  to do this.
When I told the girl this evening she said it had to be a consignment number. You'd think in this day and age they would put all this info. in Computer with which to refer. Feels like delaying tactics to me. Hope I am wrong.!
Did read a post on this forum where person waited a fortnight for return of T.V.
Appreciate your feedback Dave.
Anne.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:28:49 Mobile | Show all posts
There's absolutely no need to take the set away to update the firmware. Furthermore, it's ridiculous that it's been suggested. Especially by Toshiba! I can only assume there are no repair agents in your area. Where are you?

Personally, I'd refuse to let the set leave the house and request the job be done on site. Allowing a courier to transport the set potentially hundreds of miles is an unnecessary accident waiting to happen.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:28:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Got agree with Grumpy Old Troll on this one. what the hell is going on?
Get Toshiba to explain themselves!
Regards Dave

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:28:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Toshiba's default is pick-up any TV up to 37" in size. Anything bigger or you are unable to pack it in a box (either your own or provided by the courier) then they will arrange a service provider in your area.

If it hasn't collected then just ring them back and say you no longer have anyone around to put the unit in the box so can they arrange a local service partner to help.

I think the problem is that with most repair cases the advisors get so used to arranging pick ups etc. that in some occassions when it isn't practical they just follow the normal process and miss it.

The only problem with a service partner is that there are so many of them and how they go about a job can vary from one to another.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:28:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi Guys,
            Got a good reception from Toshiba Repair when I called again this morning. Young man gave me every detail regarding questions I asked. The DPD C ourier will package T.V They apologised for not doing it yesterday. I will 100%
be done tomorrow Friday. Regardless of repair type their is no charge, it will go to Exeter. When returned it will all be cleaned(is not dirty) Kind of like an M.O.T. They have their own technicians at Toshiba repair centre.
I e'mailed Toshiba and they have provided me with the required Data.......Until tomorrow/ Thanks guys
. Am thinking positively!

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:28:53 Mobile | Show all posts
D P D COURIER for Toshiba have uplifted T V  for repair. Young man said usually 2 weeks before returned.He brought packaging and did so before leaving my home. My son asked where it goes, eventually goes to repair  shop in Oldham? Missing it already.!1

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部