Author: marrtroon

Toshiba Regza 3030 digital channels fault

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:29:08 Mobile | Show all posts
Well, bye bye, TV, a company called DPD just collected it. Can't say they filled me with confidence, the chaps themselves were fine, just clearly not use to collecting something like £900 TV and the box, wow, the box was huge a bit longer than the TV about about 5 times the width!

Anyway followed the instructions from Toshiba, placing a protective sheath over the TV and then into the polystyrene holders, although strangely the TV doesn't rest on the bottom of the box, its just suspended in mid air. I hope its safe.

Though now realised Toshiba haven't actually given me any details as to where its going, how long it will take to fix or when i'll get it back, or well anything, other than the pick up. Guess another phone call is on the cards.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
After my trials and tribulations yesterday with both Toshiba and Amazon, had a suprise call from Toshiba C/S manager. Apparently what their service agents told me yesterday was a load of old Tosh (excuse the pun) and that they should have arranged to fix the TV. As a goodwill Gesture they are sending a service agent out to fix it (tomorrow) so I am a happy bunny at the moment (pity I did not get the call sooner since I had just rattled off an email to BBC watchdog an hour before...if your reading this Anne, Toshiba came up trumps call off your attack dogs)
Just hope the man fixes it without it being taken away but at least I dont feel I am "persona non Grata" just because I bought thr TV from Amazon.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Whilst I'd agree that Toshiba do appear to have good customer service , thought i'll wait till I get mine back before confirming that

In this case i don't see they had any choice, it would appear to be a design fault, or a fault with the whole firmware update over the aerial system, since they told me it was possible for another manufactures update to corrupt the TV.

As a user such an event is completely out of my hands. Had I known about it and if my TV has the option I would have disabled this auto-update feature as I don't see any point to it in the first place?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
My TV is working again, took 5 minutes to upload the f/w manually
Thank you to the technician and Thank you Toshiba for admitting your call centres original mistake and getting this fixed for me so quickly.
Technician told me that the fault is actually with Freeview, not Toshiba, Freeview apparently altered the goalposts on update procedure and this fault can also affect LG and Samsung TV's, who wont fix it FOC.
So appologies to Toshiba for berating them in earlier posts, your customer service should be applauded.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:29:09 Mobile | Show all posts
I wish they were consistent, gutting to have the TV taken away.

To Toshiba's credit though I did get a courtesy call today to check that everything went ok yesterday and was told it should be a max of ten days, but probably less as its a simple problem to fix. Still with it being collected Wednesday I don't expect to see it until at least the same time next week.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Well that's a bit of a shame, TV picked up last Wednesday, got a courtesy call Thursday saying that the TV had been received, yet checking the repair reference on their website nothing came up. Was about to phone Toshiba today, but tried the repair site again and the TV is now showing up as only just received yesterday, Mon 12th!

So it took two days from receiving it before it went into their system. Its not yet fixed or even looked at according to the repair site and no idea when I might receive it back. At this rate I doubt i'll see it before the weekend which is really annoying as I have friends visiting.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
i live in aberdeen , regza 3030d owner for 4yrs ,my cable box just packed in due to weather and my tv is now blank , occasionally flashing for a sec , does anyone know what kind of service i would get in this area, would i need to send my tv away?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:29:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Well things just go from bad to worse. Got a phone call yesterday to say my TV had been fixed, yay!
Ring up this morning to be told it will be delivered at 12.12pm - yay!

Get the TV back, open the box, and the back of the TV now has a 3 inch crack in it, the seam between the front bevel and the back has a huge bulge and the front bevel is no longer flush with the screen! What the hell did they do to it! The case was in perfect condition before it was returned to Toshiba, now the TV is seriously damaged and destroyed any value it had left!

To pour salt into the wound the return slip states - 'Firmware' repair, something that has been said on here can be fixed in 10 minutes if they just sent out a repair man instead of insisting it got sent to god knows where.

So Toshiba and Service care are very apologetic, however its very unlikely should I send it back tomrrow that it will be fixed before xmas. Even if I keep it they now suggest not even trying to turn it on, health & safety and all that! I haven't actually tried it so no idea if the TV is completely broken now or if its just the case thats damaged.

Whatever I choose then, it looks like xmas with no TV, well thanks for nothing!
Should have just kept the damn thing using my external freeview box and returned after xmas.

Going to ring Toshiba again tomorrow and plead with them to do something so I have the TV over xmas. Its already buggered up this weekend, having some friends up who i've been nagging to get blu-ray, was going to show them Inception, but thats out of the question now.

So frustrated!

Edit:
Xmas is saved, probably. Full credit to Service Care & Toshiba, they came back with an offer to pick up and lend if it can't be fixed before xmas. Still a bit touch and go, but good of them to make the offer.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Just a quick update, I had the same DTV issue, called Toshiba and the support chap was aware of the problem, when I aksed for an engineer to be sent out rather then sending back the tv, he told me there was no need for either. They now supply a self fix kit, which they've sent out in the post today. Will update you once I receive the kit.

Well done Toshiba, also well done to AV board members for making this easy to deal with

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I couldn't be more than impressed by Toshiba; we had exactly the same fault (ie, no digital TV picture, but the screen worked OK from a DVD player) on a 37" Regza about four years old. Luckily I found this forum and some useful threads.

I rang Toshiba at 0900 the next morning, got straight through to someone who not only spoke English, but also knew exactly what the problem was. He said they would despatch an update card. It arrived the next day, we followed the instructions and five minutes later, we were up and tuning. Full marks for Toshiba.

However, zero marks for the two TV repair companies I also spoke to, neither of whom had any idea of the solution, and simply said they would send it away, or visit to repair at a cost of £145.

Mod Edit: thanks for posting but please let them make their own minds after reading the post

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部