Author: Curly99

KDL-55 / 46 / 40 HX853 Owners Thread Part 6

[Copy link]
1-12-2019 22:41:18 Mobile | Show all posts
I was gonna ask them for the filters like i stated before and then thought to myself that i couldnt be bothered to call them as im happy with the 3d performance from the 250s and only had a problem if i tilted my head which i dont.

So all in all still a bery happy chappy with this set, ive lost count how many people have said the picture is great. And i agree it is!

Got 3d prometheus to watch tonight all being well.

Im on a 55 by the way. And like ussjtrunks said you need a major head tilt to get the dreaded colour change.

Just on a side note, i still have the swivel stand sat on the tilt stand and it works great still. Plus no ones commented on it looking silly,i think it works great ,but i would.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:41:19 Mobile | Show all posts
Try putting it on "clear" under the motionflow settings. It does help with the motion without screwing with the framerate.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:41:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Just got this TV and really enjoying it so far, seems like I'm lucky as my TV don't seem to have any of the problems others have mentioned, will probably mess around with the settings properly when I have some time to properly sit down with it, and get a decent calibration disk, but even with the standard settings it looks good!!

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:41:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi there,

Just a quick one. Does anyone know if the KDL 853HX has wireless access on standby? Was hoping to ditch the remote and use the iPhone app to power it up.

Trying to get rid of the army of AV remotes

T1b

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:41:23 Mobile | Show all posts
No idea, but I have a Logitech Harmony remote, and it's fantastic. With carefuly programming, I hardly ever use the other remotes, and it is controlling my TV, Bluray player, AV receiver and LED backlights! Thoroughly recommended.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:41:24 Mobile | Show all posts
For the sake of a 15 minute phone call, I think it's worth the effort. I only get some cross-talk occasionally but the colour change with head tilt is annoying, so I figured that its worth trying the filters as any improvement at a zero cost has got to be good! If there's no improvement, I'm still happy with the set, as the picture quality is fantastic.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:41:24 Mobile | Show all posts
The thing is i dont watch football in 3d,and really only watch the odd 3d film. Infact my little girl watches more 3d stuff than me with her little pink glasses and shes not said anything so im gonna leave it for now but if it does bother me at anytime in the futute ill just pick up the phone and call them. Ive not changed a setting on it now for going on 3 months.im so proud of myself! Although i wish i could watch uk apps whilst still having us netflix on without messing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:41:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Thing is, they might not be able to provide them later. The model might change and phase out for 2013, for example. It's worth doing so now so if you ever want to sell your TV on you can do so without worrying about the 3D being screwy - and it doesn't take much effort, as he says.

I'm now rid of my faulty HX853, so I'll likely sell my 250's with filters on.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:41:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Just saw game of thrones and it was fantastic got the tv dialed in for the last couple of weeks found keeping contrast around 70 keeps the picture right any higher and its does seem to overblow whites especially on soccer teams jerseys. Also just to not the black corrector whilst giving the picture a nice look amplifys any dse you might have mainly because it darkens colours so you can more easily see the dse with it off you can bearly see the outline its good for Soccer, F1 and anything like Game of thrones with lots of solid colour panning shots.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:41:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Pg1 Backlight 4, Contrast 70 Brightness 49 Colour 49 Colour Mode Neutral Everything off
Pg2 Dimming Standard Everything Else off
White Balance Green Bias -1 Blue Bias -2 Everything Else 0

Blue Bias set to -2 is needed to get rid of the blue push the -1 for green bias is needed just to give the colours a more natural look, advanced contrast is off due to it wrecking letterboxed content with light as the black bars would instantly become grey as the backlight increased.
Black corrector is good for sky broadcasts but should be avoided if the material shows dse as it makes it a bit worse depends which you rather.
The right contrast setting is ~86 on the tv but it overblows whites due to the local dimming so If you have that enabled your better off having the contrast set in the 70s and it has the added effect of reducing any slight flashlighting you may have.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部