[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 01:50:52 Mobile | Show all posts
vkmast - - -Any ideas on a SVMS v13?
-Sony website is very silent on this!!!

Anyone got experience of Spectral Layers? (PRO-only. It's now v2) . . . wow! That looks like one could become very Popular at Movie-clubs and maybe too as a last-resort to clean up Pro-audio . . . . so much cheaper than revisiting the Location.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
12harry,
sorry to be so late in answering. Movie Studio Platinum 13 and Movie Studio Suite 13 were released on Jan. 14, 2014.
Movie Studio 13 Suite Overview
Movie Studio 13 Platinum Overview
Sony Creative Software -  Movie Studio Platinum Release Notes

Use magic Report

i have Sony Movie Studio HD. I have lots of Videos from my wedding and want to edit them together and create a highlights piece with a song of my choice playing in the background. I did this for my friends weddign but was really hard to grasp. I had big problems getting the sound to burn and create a digital version that i could put on memory stick.

Is there a simpler programm or any tips. The burning to disc (it was rendering too) took about 14hours and i had to keep putting ice packs underneath my laptop!

The inlaws keep askign for the movie but its a daunting prospect.

any advice or tips for this begginer would be greatly appreciated

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Your best bet is to get a small video file and play about with it. It will take a while to get to grips with but it's very rewarding when you see what can be achieved.
There are easier alternatives but they all need to be mastered.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 01:50:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Got a used Macbook under £300 to edit but not compatible with latest softwares. So might have to go back to Windows. Great thread.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Warming up the Topic.
I see that Magix has released Vegas Studio v14 - sadly they also appear to be infecting ( or invading) my PC with "Offers" which stop the program opening immediately. I'm far from impressed that anyone can do this, presumably it's whenever I look at their Website for "Latest Info" - it puts a Bot into my HDD to seek-out any prior versions.
I DO NOT WANT THIS INTRUSION, MAGIX and it will not endear me to your products.

Having got that out, I wonder if v14 really offers anything I need...?
They have reverted to "Legacy" layout despite many media-types suggesting the dual-learning systems were an "improvement" .
Much of the layout is fiddly and not obvious...but at least it would lead to an easy entry to the Pro-version . . . .way into the future.

I read a March-Review which suggested it's a 64-bit program - I wonder if this is true, esp as they sell a basic-version ( =fewer add-ons ), which is half the Adobe Elements cost.... might appeal to 32-bit Users.... just like the earlier versions
---------------------------------------------------------------------------​The Suite version appears to permit 4K import.
It appears to allow AVCHD burning to DVD ( so excellent for most short-movies, to give to friends )- but then this requires BlueRay player for viewing ( Can't really complain)...but what media is suggested for 4K I wonder....Memory=sticks just became popular?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------​There don't appear to be may "must-have" features - indeed none over v13 which introduced "Scene-Matching"
-and-
any extra software needs to be easy to use IMHO - the NewBlue Titler I have,  hasn't been used for ages.... it's just not easy to use ... and I need to get-on with the EDIT, rather than faf about with tweaking their interface.
So, I stick with the poor text-handling of the plain v12 Video Editor - it's certainly good enough to convey information AND I have a few still frames which add grey background-boxes (rather than attempt to size-up using Pan-Crop...what a woeful piece of software that was/is.). These are drawn in PaintShopPro and given a tiny Gaussian blur before saving as .PNP files,  so the background is transparent. I've even got one that looks like a medieval parchment - pity the text-choice is only Windows endless-list of VERY similar.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------​Anyone actually using v14  ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Have you tried to uncheck "Use Net Notify to stay informed" in the Options /General Preferences of your Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12?
If you have a Win 64-bit OS, you could install the free 30-day trial to find out for yourself what it'd offer for you. Unfortunately there are no 32-bit versions of the MAGIX Vegas Movie Studio 14 or MVMS Platinum 14. They have released only 64-bit versions as of the late rebranded MVMS/P 13 versions, builds later than 955.
The GUI has indeed changed and many of the unfortunate experiments in the v 13 GUI have been abandoned. I think it was only the SCS marketing that suggested the two Edit modes were an "improvement".
Many of the icons have been changed and not necessarily for the better. There are also contrast issues for many users, but the Magix dev team has promised to fix that in an update. It was not yet fixed in the recent MVMSP update 122, which corrected most of the much-criticised issues in the initial release. They are also promising some interface color/brightness option(s) but not until v 15.
Video programs of VEGAS Movie Studio family in comparison
Judging by comments on the "official" Magix VMS forum, there are users, some more pleased than others. But as said above, you need to have the Win 7 or later 64-bit OS to even try.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Thanks for your considered reply vkmast, always informative.
At present I have only 32b Win7 OS... but plans are in hand for 64-bit re-using a gifted-PC ( but sadly with RAM=4Gb ), this may be "difficult" but I bought an SSD for the OS   Program files; so I'm hoping that may assist. This "New-PC"  is Quad-core, and the Graphics card supports HDMI for my big Telly for monitor. Other features like a big HDD are "pending" getting it up and running.
I'll check that "net-options" (with my current v12) - Something that Sony never used ( but then "Light-Bushel" was their thing ).  . . .  but I wasn't aware I had given permission - rather I'd not been asked in the first place.
Sadly  two experiences with Magix  i) with Samplitude Silver - a freebie with a magazine-cover that refused to work with (DIN-Plug) MIDI - and - ii) Their Edit Pro which gave the impression it would cope with HD, but wouldn't without a re-purchase (Yikes!).
By comparison Sony Movie Studio worked with few issues ( apart from a bug in an update for Architect, which they handled badly, blaming the User at every turn. ). I still use Sound Forge Studio almost weekly and like the way it integrates with Movie Studio.
It's such a shame Sony never had any "fire" in their Marketing team, to tell the World how good it was . . . whilst asking for feedback . . . something I never understand, for even if good "Ideas" only achieve 0.1% inclusion . . . they are free and presumably should be given a hearing.
​Cheers.

Use magic Report

1 ...2345678910
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部