12345678910Next
Back New
Author: LittleGreyCat

Video Editing Bangs per Buck

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 01:50:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Nobody ever said it was, it's just one of the features discussed.  For me full AC3 5.1 support is more important.  For anyone wanting to make slick animated full-HD slide shows it's a desirable feature.  Just because you don't see a need for it others will

You get the capability in the much more expensive Vegas Pro the whole point is that many of the advanced editing features you pay a fortune for in Vegas Pro come as standard in a package you can buy for around £50.00.  Which would you say offers more bangs per buck.  If you can't make a constructive posting why do you bother sniping at others ?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 01:50:42 Mobile | Show all posts
I only did it because I saw what others had done and wanted to see how easy/hard it was with Magix. I never found the need for it in the holiday videos I usually edit but it was just interesting to try. Magix in my view doesn't get the attention it deserves on here so I try, in my small way, to rectify that.

Surely the whole point of this forum is to give us a push to try new things as well as to answer the queries. It does make a change from - "What camera should I buy."

Now I will try something a little harder and showcase some of the capabilities of Magix.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 01:50:43 Mobile | Show all posts
My avchd discs play as 12-14mbps in my ps3 BDs 10mbps more, pans are not as good at times with avchd for me.The files are not altered in BD or avchd in edit .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Graham, relax. I'm not 'sniping' at anyone, I'm just asking a valid question of how useful is it, realistically, to make a video spin round three times and do a backflip. Just because you can, do you need to?

I once had Apple come in to introduce and demo Motion; they made a ball bounce round a screen. Now, I know that it gives an idea of what it physically can do, but it gives no idea of what useful stuff it can do. I put this to them and they had much the same response as you gave - go away and don't question, how dare you.

Use magic Report

They must be resampled.

Average bitrate for Full-HD 1080i from my camcorder is 17mbps.  If the clips were as shot they would have the same bitrate whatever media you store them on.  The AVCHD content presumably is downsampled and the reverse for BD disc.

Use magic Report

Manipulating content in 3 dimenions forms the backbone for a myriad special effects, a simple demo simply shows the capability.  In Vegas you are stuck with 3rd party efforts.  In Magix you can roll your own.

In Magix you can bounce an object off the internal faces of an invisible cube by moving it in the X Y and Z axis. In Vegas Studio you are restricted to the X and Y axis.  

The equivalent control in Vegas Studio has only 2 two keyframeable options, in Magix there are three.  Vegas pro has the three so presumably Sony disagree with your point of view, reserving the capability for their well heeled clients

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 01:50:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Not sure why, but the BD is not upsampled my files are 24mbps raw,a bit from the avchd encylopedia at the bottom,dont get me wrong i often make them when i cant wait   for individual projects to be added to a full BD

AVCHD as distribution format

AVCHD disc icon (Sony)
DVD disc with AVCHD video recorded on it is known as AVCHD disc.[25] AVCHD discs cannot be played in a standard DVD player, but can be played in many Blu-ray Disc players.[2] Smooth playback is not guaranteed if overall data rate exceeds 18 Mbit/s. It is possible to create simple menus similar to menus used for DVD-video discs.

Use magic Report

Chris

Just done a rough calculation, a DVD blank should hold a little over 37 minutes of 17mbps average  content video (that's without audio).  That's what you would get if you if you join a load of clips together using something like Tsmuxergui.  

Tried this many times with a PS3 and a Sony Bluray player the peak content of the file is around 35mbps and there's never been a problem.  Maybe the editor you are using is resampling to avoid a peak of over 18mbps which would explain the difference.  Are you using an editor with selectable smartrendering ?.

I get the same if I use the H264 version of VIdeoredo TVsuite to join the clips with simple cut edits, and burn the resulting AVCHD folder with TSmuxergui.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I think when there is an example with a menu string like Jonna has given, it is interesting to compare editing programmes and to look at other peoples ideas. There are so many possibilities with NLE that examples from others can save a lot of time when it comes to making edit decisions.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Exactly 35min max is what i get using pinnacle coral or edius Graham but the lower bitrate i get for some reason does not show exept as i explained some pans which i keep to a minimum and blacks at times are less deep than origional,strange but i dont worry as BD is my main storage for all the final edited films,happy new year

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部