Video Editing Bangs per Buck

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 01:50:35 Mobile | Show all posts
12Harry,
Maybe my i3-350M /NvidiaGT320M (and an internal Matsh*ta DVD drive to top it all...) is not exactly the current high-end . The software I use is the free Splash Lite and I myself was surprised to see this work. I like the quality too and I only wish the 'videographer' was up to the task too
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

There's something wrong with your PC if it can't play DVD's.  My tiny atom powered netbook plays them no problem at all (either from a usb powered DVD drive, a rip to a usb HDD or even a usb pen will work, a core 2 PC won't even break into a sweat. . Compared to BD/AVCHD, DVD datarates and resolution are trivial. Connected to a TV pretty well any PC with the right video outputs will work as well as most DVD players.

I can replay AVCHD discs from my core 3 laptop by hdmi to my TV and BD discs using a small usb powered BD ROM no problem.

I can also stream H264/AVC from my laptop via PS3 and my network to a DNLA TV in full-HD to a TV upstairs.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Perhaps I should say it results in a lack of lip-sync if I play a burnt DVD on my PC - using the 19" PC monitor, add to which the PC speakers are close to rubbish and the TV (with separate DVD player) wins hands down.

Why would anyone want to replay on a PC when there is a better means available - and I can use the PC for other tasks at the same time?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 01:50:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Simple If I go on holiday I can pop a tiny netbook and tiny usb DVD ROM in  hand baggage.  Keeps the kids happy for hours. Also works in the back seat of the car or on a plane.  The laptop delivers 5.1 to my AV amp (170W/channel)  anyway (by a hdmi cable).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Just wanted to point out the Movie studio Platinum 11 is now £19.25 on amazon

Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 (PC): Amazon.co.uk: Software

It doesnt have all the extras as the production suite has like the sound forge, Newblue and tutorial DVD (see below) but at this price I would say its the best bang for buck out there

Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 Product Comparisons

EDIT: Scratch that, 7Dayshsop has the cheapest at £17.99
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_5&products_id=112961

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Or you could always buy Final Cut Studio 3 for just £800? No?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Few of us can experience a whole range of Gear, or software for that matter (As observed on this Thread, earlier: Bob   #12.).

So, I have to admit to reading the UK mag. - Computer Shopper, latest version is Feb2012 (Yep!) and they still say Vegas Studio is the best vid Editor. I don't think it's entirely price (although that must help), rather it is the features and ease of use, etc.  I also share their view on camcorders, low-light and various other techy bits. Indeed without them I'd have to form my own opinions without any tech back-up.

vkmast - I wonder if your DVD process is worthy of a fresh thread? I'm OK as far as the Render process is concerned in Vegas Studio. . . . but I've found a method of making "ordinary" DVDs (I drag the  .avi file under the Menu tree).  Can you supply a blow-by blow Method . . . I'm prepared to install "Splash Lite" to view the outcome.
---Could you?---

Use magic Report

A few of the features you get in Magix Edit Pro as standard missing from the cheaper Vegas production suite.  Down to individuals to decide if it's worth the extra.

Full 5.1 support to DVD's, AVCHD HD and Blu-ray discs and export to standard files. Includes the capability to animate a mono sound effect across the 5 positional channels.

Anyone who wants to see a simple demo of the 5.1 audio editor in action download this DVD image (.iso) and burn it to a dvd blank.  Imgburn will do the job.  Makes a handy speaker location test for a 5.1 AV setup.

http://www.4shared.com/file/D6HBXts1/AC3MK2Test.html

Full 3D motion path animation of timeline objects (including 3D titles).

Full Menu and chapter support for all supported burning capability. (including animated menus).

Faster smart rendering especially if you have nvidia graphics cards.

Read the feature list here

More than 60 innovations - MAGIX UK

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
grahamlthompson:
Odd then, that Computer Shopper still thinks Vegas Studio the best Editor around?
(Feb2012 issue, p56. Full review, issue Sept 2011).

I thought VS v11 did 5.1 audio, I recall strange "location" wheels - - - but you have to have 5.1 speakers attached.
Mine's v10 and I think that does,  - but I don't have the extra speakers to try. Possibly one needs the camera to be 5.1 also.

((Your download looks like a good idea for anyone setting-up 5.1, - although I can't speak for the download itself))

I'm sure 3D titles are available in VS v11 - they may not be as good as Magix, but you are saying they don't exist!
Particularly interesting (for me) is the Pro-Titler that made its way into VS v11 giving a degree of animation to titles, just like the Pro-version. I understand this gives each letter its own Keyframe. . . . nice!

Not sure about Menu/chapter business,  - but Architect is so comprehensive, I'd be surprised if it can't "almost" make the tea. I read that the "M-markers" (carried-over from VS ), can be used to make chapters in the DVD, so you can jump to a specific scene - something Commercial DVD provides, but for my own efforts there is not enough content. You can use a movie file (in Architect), in the title sequence, but why?
Frankly, I just glad when I get a burnt multi-title DVD out of my PC.

The smart-rendering may be true, but I can't imagine Sony software bods are behind the curve on this; always wanting more, for less as it were.
"Smart-Render" is a Magix tradename, so no-one else will use it . . . but that doesn't mean the idea is unique. However, not everyone will have that video-card and I suspect Sony might baulk at promoting one Mfr card unless the same Tech is available in the Sony Notebooks.  I wonder, does it save much time? - it's a very-catchy name, so Magix did well to register it.

When you buy Vegas Movie Studio, all versions come with DVD Architect (DYOR) - this now includes the option for BlueRay as well as making all kinds of fancy effects on the menu-buttons, backgrounds and a whole host besides - but it's all beyond me. I just want a few DVD's to play on my TV (for checking!) and ultimately on a widescreen projector for mass-viewing, with other folks efforts.

Whilst burning a DVD is essential, IMHO the "Art" is in the Editing - that's where a vid is made/destroyed . . . sometimes it need only be a frame, or two - but if you don't spot it . . . it's done-for.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 01:50:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Don't believe everything you read. I speak from personal experience I have both the latest Sony Vegas and Magix software.

You can move any object in 3 directions including live video in Magix. You can only do so in 2D in Sony Vegas Prod Suite (you need the pro version for that)

Smart Rendering is not a Magix trade name it's been available for years.

The very first ulead pro DVD authoring packages use it as do many other packages. (Including the Vegas pro package)

These include TMPG

TMPGEnc - Products: TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX® Authoring

Videoredo

VideoReDo MPEG Video Editing Software

Sony

https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4865/~/smart-rendering-in-vegas-pro

Serif

MoviePlus X5: MPX5 AVCHD rendering speed or smart rendering - Serif Software Forums

Sony are just too mean to incorporate these more advanced features in their consumer editing packages.

I'll put something up on Vimeo to show what I mean by rotaing about the Z axis (3d).

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部