12345Next
Back New
Author: Sinialtstar

WD Black on It's way out?

[Copy link]
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:31:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Well, I was just reading what MWB told me, perhaps I read it wrong, still I will do the scans 1st. as you say better to be safe than sorry.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:31:29 Mobile | Show all posts
I have run RougeKiller , and no issues found. at this stage I am not experiencing the issue I originally reported, as it's running ok (Transfer rates not at zero) and the PC isn't coming to a halt. So I have taken this opportunity to do the disc image, which I am currently on with now.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:31:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Nope... as soon as I finished typing that , it does it again, and grinds to a halt :-(

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:31:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Can you try a clean boot to see if the same issue happens please.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:31:33 Mobile | Show all posts
What is the process that is using all the most disk activity?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:31:34 Mobile | Show all posts
That's the 6 million dollar Q, it appears there isn't any process doing that but that might be wrong. Any suggestions?

To get a clearer view on that though I would download and run process explorer to be sure and get a clearer view of what is running.

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:31:35 Mobile | Show all posts
So far all the pictures seem to be of the 100% usage which we all know.  As you say PE will tell us more as will the process tab on task manager especially if chooses the disk activity columns.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:31:36 Mobile | Show all posts
I am currently for the 3rd time trying to take a image of my D Drive before I reformat it. it just goes for so long, and then halts the pc. However if I clicked on the disk usage tab (in "Processes") at the time this event occurs it is not 100%, it varies but is not more than 50% in most cases. I am not able to provide an example right now as its behaving ok (at the moment)

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:31:36 Mobile | Show all posts
And again, as soon as I said it was going ok it locks up again here is a screenshot of process explorer and the disk usage

Then I cancel the backup, and the drive returns to normal operation, and the PC catches up with itself
I am going to give up on the back up, as it's about the 4th time I have tried it. there is nothing important on there, so I am going to attempt to reformat it.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:31:37 Mobile | Show all posts
So I have re-formatted the whole drive, thank to Techquest, for his time, help  and being very patient with me. I managed to get everything important off the drive, so I reformatted it (with Techquest's Help) all I can do now, is monitor it and if it happens again I think to swap it out and take it from there.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部