12345Next
Back New
Author: Sinialtstar

WD Black on It's way out?

[Copy link]
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:31:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Although when I did another check disk - the same happens

I then tried it again after this (second one this morning), so I could get screen shot of the disc usage tab in processes, and it wizzed straight through - I wondering if a clean OS install might help (It probably won't though), ( I have a annoying issue where my windows logon picture does not change, (the ones that randomly change) it has been the same one for about 8 months now, I have tried to fix that with suggestions on the net but to no avail. so that might sort that out as well
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Also as a side note, the drive used to be very audible. So you would hear it whirr up, and the heads reading data.. nothing unusually loud but I have noticed that you dont hear these things as much as I used to recently.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:31:38 Mobile | Show all posts
So now you have done the diskpart clean and format of the drive is it behaving or do you still have the problem?

Use magic Report

No it still has a problem, Often when the PC calls on it, it just goes into that State, for example when I ran the checkdisk, on the empty formatted drive it again jumped up the activity time, but didnt actually do any data transfer bringing my os to a stop.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:31:38 Mobile | Show all posts
So what happens if you try transferring or copying a file to the drive?

Have you tried the drive in a different port on the MB?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:31:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Transfer is 0 when the drive is at 100%.
Sorry, looks like a hard failure.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:31:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi, all So I disconnected the hard drive from the SATA port that it was connected to, and moved it to another one. Unfortunately I did not have a  replacement cable, so I had to use the existing one. And I have been moving two MP4 videos onto it, deleting them, and then re-copying them (about 4 times) and (sorry for another screen shot) it's behaving as it should - however I get that it's early days yet.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Good to hear you might be moving forward. It could well be that the port it was plugged into has somehow gone faulty. So fingers crossed and look forward to an update after a bit more use.

Use magic Report

Could you do a surface scan?
It sounds like a hard error somewhere on the drive.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:31:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you I will do  I have run the WD tool to check for bad sectors, and it always reports as ok

Techquest: Yes I will keep a eye on it. I wonder of the sata cable was dodgy, As I bought these cheap of a well known retailer that has the same name as a forest. and one of them in the pack was dodgy. I didn't have any others to swap them out with at this time.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部