1 ...2345678910
Back New
Author: gop

A PC with staggered boot sequence?

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 03:37:45 Mobile | Show all posts
It might not be anything wrong per say with the TV but it needs to be configured in a certain way and Windows may well need to be set to a particular colour setup.

Where did you get the TV from because it doesn't seem to have that many reviews or user feedback?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:37:46 Mobile | Show all posts
I bought the TV from currys/pc World. I have noticed if I turn on game mode (not the source, game ie xbox) the stutter is virtually gone, but I loose the hdr function, which I like and don't want to loose.
Surely that TV should be able to function properly with various sources. Funny, after I had swapped the 2.0 cables, then replaced them, for the first time, the TV recognised the denon avr as a source, that never was an option. I've a lot more research to do!

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:37:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Unfortunately, there seems very little information about it on the Internet and the one video I found he had issues with two sets with this been the latter, suggesting underlying issues with the TV.

Currys no longer stock them but are selling new ones on eBay which again doesn't sound good.

I cannot find any reviews that are of any merit.

There are quite a few people particularly on here who will advocate to get decent HDR on a TV then you need to be spending north of £1k.  With some reporting issues on the lower end of the TV sets, not yours specifically but limitations.

How long have you had it?  I would potentially look at it is not fit for purpose or being wrongly advertised if it will not do 4KP60 and HDR.  This is not time-bound in the same way as a repair would be.  Some TVs are just lemons, I had one in the past that had a certain fault when connecting in a particular way over Scart that I ended up swapping.

The other thing about HDMI cables is although they have a hot-plug pin they don't generally work that well.  So installers etc will recommend turning equipment off at the wall before changing connections.  I don't always do that myself unless the equipment gets confused.

I might well try that in your case if your amp is having a "hard" time

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:37:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Well I went through the TV settings, found one called auto motion plus, this was set to auto, I changed it to 0,and low and behold, the stutter is gone. This setting is meant to reduce judder, yet I can turn judder off and on with it.

If the source was only 24 or even 30, would the TV display hdr at 60hz? I mean if I set this on the PC? Or does it need a 60hz source like a game?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:37:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Excellent well that solves one bit anyway

The joys of overzealous picture processing ...

Not entirely sure what you mean by this.  Some software players like Kodi will change refresh rate when full screen to playback at the native frame rate of the media typically around the 24fps for movies etc.

I don't use Windows on my NUC attached to my TV and I use Librelec for mine and have it set to 60Hz on main menus but appropriate refresh when playing files.  My other machines are on fixed refresh monitors.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:37:49 Mobile | Show all posts
I mean, if the source doesn't require a 60hz refresh rate, will the hdr function not remain off, if I've set the rate at 60hz, so if a 60hz source was detected, the hdr would switch on? I've still a bit more observations to do re the stutter, as I haven't yet watched TV from the tuner.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:37:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Well, so much for the auto motion plus setting. I'm still getting stutter with it off!

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:37:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Something doesn't sound right it is either a configuration issue that your TV and/or video card don't like or they just have some strange incompatibility.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:37:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah I agree. I know the avr is fine as it still happened without it. I think i'll submit a ticket to samsung, and also spend a night with the old 1080 tv, just to make sure.

Use magic Report

1 ...2345678910
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部