Author: Theseus

2019 ODI Cricket World Cup

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 22-11-2019 04:57:56 Mobile | Show all posts
England looking good, especially with the good fortune of having Archer in the team.  Duminy did you even think before you played that shot?!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

22-11-2019 04:57:56 Mobile | Show all posts
You can see this catch here:

Cricket World Cup: England's Ben Stokes takes incredible catch - BBC Sport

Someone tried uploading it on Youtube bUt it was quickly removed after a copyright complaint from Star India!

Use magic Report

22-11-2019 04:57:57 Mobile | Show all posts

Jofra Archer starred in England's impressive opening win vs South Africa taking 3 for 27 in 7 overs.

TRENT BRIDGE: West Indies vs Pakistan

Jason Holder won the toss and had no hesitation in sticking Pakistan in. Hope the clouds stay away as the forecast isn't particularly good.

Very interested in Nicholas Pooran after what I saw in the IPL and at such a low cost in the Fantasy League I have brought him into my XI along with Kane Williamson and Lasith Malinga (for tomorrow).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 04:57:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Good win by England, made it look easy in the end. Excellent catch by Stokes, although he did over milk the celebration. Although Bob Willis wasnt as overawed by the catch as Hussain was, no surprise there.

Anyone else England have peaked too early? I think they will make the semis. However dont think they will win it.

Use magic Report

22-11-2019 04:57:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Quite.

Though I don't think Stokes over-celebrated; looked a bit sheepish seconds afterwards.

If England don't win this, who do we think will win? I can only imagine India.

Meanwhile...

I find the antics pretty annoying amd they were negated well by Buttler on tour as he saluted Cottrell back after smashing him around the park.

But soldier boy has a wicket this morning, Russell two as Pakistan, nearing the tenth over, are struggling on 45/3.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 22-11-2019 04:57:58 Mobile | Show all posts
On paper I think it’s a toss up between England, Australia, Windies and India to win. New Zealand are in with a shout too if they play their best.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 04:57:58 Mobile | Show all posts
You cant really look past England, Australia and India. These three teams should make it to the semis. Then either NZ or SA to take the remaining spot. If I had to pick a winner I would go with Australia. The recently beat India in India in a 5 match ODI series - no mean feat. With Warner and Smith coming back into the side, they are a better team. Again their bowling isnt brilliant. There is only really England with a decent bowling attack.

I dont think WI have the bowling attack to trouble the big teams. Yeah they thrashed Pakistan, but Pakistan were rubbish, rather than WI being brilliant. Most teams will be able to cope with the short ball much better than Pakistan did.

As for the celebrations, I dont mind them. There have plenty of silly ones in the past. The only one that I disliked was Flintoffs getting down on one knee and holding his arms out. The most amusing one is probably Imran Tahirs, who starts to runs so far, he has to buy a ticket to come back into the stadium.

The only thing that I dont like about modern OD cricket is the game has gone to far in the batsmans favour. Seeing scores of 350  is a joke. With the small boundaries and the big bats, its spoilt the game for me. If a miss hit goes for 6, then you know something is wrong with the game. When I was growing up, a mish*t was caught well inside the boundary.

Use magic Report

22-11-2019 04:57:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Well I don't mind because it's always the same for both sides - people seem to overlook that.

If a team can manage to score 400 then it's up to the other one to find batsmen capable of doing the same.

I still don't think Australia have the strength in depth overall but we'll see.

I like Tahir's enthusiasm and celebration but as a CSK fan it's likely I'm a bit swayed on that one.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 22-11-2019 04:57:59 Mobile | Show all posts
I wish they’d kept the format that included the likes of Scotland, Ireland and the Netherlands in the World Cup. It’s boring at the moment.

Use magic Report

22-11-2019 04:57:59 Mobile | Show all posts
I agree. The home nations plus The Netherlands were fun. And England have proved they can lose against them!

Zimbabwe are missed too. Listening to Pommie Mbangwa at the moment while watching Bangladesh vs South Africa on Sky.

Very impressive total to chase, 331, fact, if South Africa do it they will pass a World Cup record.

I think I just put the kiss of death on Faf though. I said to our cat that he will go on to pass three figures and he was bowled next ball by Mihedy Hasan Miraz, the young spinner.

Du Plessis b Mihedy 62.- SA 154/3 (28).

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部