Author: Theseus

2019 ODI Cricket World Cup

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 04:58:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Wow, real turn up for the books that. Probably a bigger shock than yesterday’s result. Opens the tournament up nicely and probably a needed kick up the backside for England
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 22-11-2019 04:58:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Well done Pakistan!

Use magic Report

22-11-2019 04:58:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Not often you get two centurions in a losing ODI side either.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 04:58:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Quite enjoying this so far.

The highlights coverage on Channel 4 isn't great (too many ad breaks) and tonight's programme was at 11:55 pm!

Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan was just bizarre - at one point SL looked like they'd make 400 and then it was just blind panic out there. Malinga can still finish off the tail, even though he looks like he's got a spare tyre round his middle now.

Neither side are going to win the tournament, but I was willing the Afghans on. We all love a shock result, don't we?

Big risk having any kind of sporting outdoor competition in the UK in June, here's hoping the typical British "Summer" doesn't ruin too many games.

Use magic Report

22-11-2019 04:58:06 Mobile | Show all posts
I wasn't aware of a highlights programme on C4. I am watching the whole thing though laid up with a chest infection. I had hoped to travel to the Ageas Bowl to watch India take on South Africa today and had found a ticket at £165 close to the field. But I'm not fit to travel. I would love to watch a live game so my attention turned to the Oval next Sunday for India v Australia. Until the cheapest ticket I could find was over £400! It's how it is now with corporate entertainment and how the cost is 'justified' in meeting the fat cat salaries... I get it but I do think it's gone way over the top and has ruled a lot of people out who would like to see a live game than watch it on tv. The Ageas Bowl is also out in the sticks. It;s not like going to St. Mary's where you just get into the city on a train and then take a short bus ride to the stadium.

I rejoined the game yesterday after the rain delay and it was quite an exciting finish. Only after Malinga had taken that wicket with the yorker did it really cement the victory for Sri Lanka who weren't impressive at all and their 'fielding' - uh...

Cricket World Cup: A string of fielding errors gifts Afghanistan a boundary - BBC Sport

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 04:58:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Excellent win for Pakistan. Lowest score of the tournament - Pakistan. Highest score of the tournament - Pakistan. Sums up Pakistan, in a nutshell. If we could just be more consistent, we would have a decent chance of winnings this tournament.

SL very lucky to win yesterday. Some of the fielding was amateur hour. Also couldnt believe how empty the ground was. Whilst this isnt two of the biggest teams of the tournament, you would have thought there would be more people in.

@When In Rome - the prices you are seeing, I am guessing arent from official chanels? If you managed to get tickets when the ICC put them on general sale, the proces were more reasonable. I was looking yesterday at tickets for Pakistan V India. The most expensive ticket was £18K!!!! With loads of tickets between the £2k - £5k mark. Whilst the cheapest were around the £400 mark. I dont think anyone would buy at those prices (>£1k), and the sellers are just chancing their arm. Come closer to the date of the match, those prices will drop to more reasonable levels.

I have tickets to three Pakistan games, against SA, NZ and Afg. Cant wait to go. The Afgan game tickets cost me £330 for 3 tickets. Face value of the tickets is £55. My brother bought the other two tickets for me, but I think they cost around £300 for one ticket for the two games.

Use magic Report

22-11-2019 04:58:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Official channels - online ticket companies.

The £165 for today's game was actually reasonable, par for the course.

I wouldn't be paying best part of £500 though for India v Australia.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 04:58:07 Mobile | Show all posts
I agree and both your post and When In Rome's kind of confirm why: the pricing is just ridiculous and unaffordable for many, plus there is always the risk of rain in this country and a game being washed out with minimal play and no refund.

The small crowd made a huge noise yesterday, though! I love foreign fans, they really don't give a toss about being reserved, unlike us Brits.

As a side note: I know he's been doing this for years, but it's still always a shock to see Malinga's bowling action. It's a difficult enough thing to get right when done conventionally as there are so many components to try and line up and time accurately, but his is just on another level. How does he not fall over?

Use magic Report

22-11-2019 04:58:08 Mobile | Show all posts
Good job I didn't go today. They were explaining the reason behind the few empty seats being huge congestion because of roadworks en route. The Rose Bowl is difficult enough to access at the best of times. Still, I got a good capture of Bhuvi sat here indoors...

These extortionate ticket prices in sport are just too much. Yet these grounds are still almost full? How are people managing? What sacrifices have they had to make?

On one hand you look at them with the knowledge that they've been ripped off and you haven't but on the other, you know you really want to be there and were so close to being tempted.

This has been a solid start from India. Two early wickets for Bumrah but South Africa just settling down after a slow start.

SOUTH AFRICA 74/2 (17.2 ov).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 22-11-2019 04:58:08 Mobile | Show all posts
Good bowling from India so far. South Africa continuing to handle the pressure well in this tournament.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部