What about heated steering wheel?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:04:50 Mobile | Show all posts
My driver's seat is heated and air conditioned as standard. It's a joy with leather seats all year round.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 00:04:50 Mobile | Show all posts
We have heated leather seats - never get used though.  We don't do mad early starts though so I guess they would be used more if we left the house before 9?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:04:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Okay, you have me convinced by the heated front seats.

But what about the comfort pack - on top of the heated front seats this would add the heated steering wheel and the storage pack.

What about heated steering wheel?

Sounds a bit weird but it may be more useful for the seats.  Thinking of getting in the car on a cold morning.  I usually have a big coat on so seats may not do that much for me.  But I've usually scraped the car and my hands are freezing so I drive with gloves on until they warm up.

Cheers,

Nigel

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:04:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Living in the north of Scotland with leather seats have never felt the need to use the heated seats but would not be without the folding mirrors, use them all the time.  Surround view is brilliant wouldn't be without that

Use magic Report

Heated leather seats every time now I have bought a car with them. My Skoda Superb has them in the rear too and passengers use them here in Canberra in Winter. Any morning around, or less than zero (all in Winter here), and they are wonderful.

Heated steering wheel I find a bit OTT. If it has one I would maybe use it but wouldn't add one as an optional extra personally.

Each to their own but why a big coat when cars have such good climate control nowadays? I drive all year round in a shirt of some description and possibly a jumper. In winter I have suitable coats etc in the boot. And yes I have trousers etc on as well!!

Dipping and folding mirrors I use all the time. Sometimes fold them when reversing into a space with a pillar I need to get close too to allow doors to be opened too. Dipping is something that should be standard.

Automatic anti dazzle wing mirrors (and rear view) is another useful feature. I'm not sure on mine why there is a button to turn the feature off!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I personally dislike heated seats but with leather they are considered essential.I was looking at a 235i a few years ago as the BMW dealer had a "deal" on their showroom car but it didn't have heated seats.  That, plus their stingy discount put me off.

I've spec'd them on my next car with leather but more for re-sale, which I'm not a fan of doing as I couldn't care less about the next owner but it's been a while since I've had full leather seats as I'm not really a fan but with the seats I've spec'd, it's leather or nothing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I like heated seats but an ex didn't, she said it made it feel that she'd peed herself (didnt explore that one further). On my most recent car the heat was controlable seperately for back and base so perhaps could have overcome her objections. I could certainly live without them, but would prefer to have them. I know in certain markets there is a "prewarm" option via the key/remote so they and the other heating elements warm up prior to you getting in the car without unlocking it... certainly if we had this then I could see more benefit of the heated seats.

I'd have folding mirrors above it though, for a start our parking space is next to a pillar and our neighbour, also next to a pillar, always parks wide so have to have the passenger mirror folded to get into the space. Also park on the street fairly often where again auto folding/unfolding is useful (esp as the Merc's really do fold in, seen some cars where they more swivels up and only move in a fraction). In my old Citroen I frequently drove off having forgotten to unfold the mirror which was annoying.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:04:52 Mobile | Show all posts
I need to make a decision soon.

Down to

1) Keep mirrors and add front heated seats

2) Remove mirrors and add front and rear heated seats

I have folding mirrors on my golf at the moment.  To be honest I mostly use them to confirm that I have locked my car.  They don't dip when reversing although I have since found on this thread that maybe they might but I wasn't aware of the function.

Hardly ever parallel park, but I do agree that if mirrors saved just one alloy then they have paid for themselves.

Cheers,

Nigel

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:04:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Easy option 1, not sure why rear heated seats are even being considered.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部