Author: nheather

Leather Seats - Heated or Not

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:04:52 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd go for option 1, but then very rarely have anyone in the back - and indeed our last car didnt have back seats.

Took a while to workout about the dip function when had it first time too... initially wondered why the mirror moved and only after the 3rd time or so realised it was linked to engaging reverse and therefore what it was for.

I do think dealers are very bad at a) explaining functions of the car and b) actually knowing the functions themselves. I know with the parking brake on my SL the dealership said it was perfectly normal for the car to roll an inch or two after parking/taking your foot off the brake etc however after looking at the online manual I discovered how the automatic parking brake is applied and suddenly the car didnt roll at all any more
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 00:04:52 Mobile | Show all posts
If they have the fold position around 10 o clock on the mirror control they should have the dip function. As noted though you need to set it in reverse with the control set to the passenger mirror. Then leave the control on the passenger mirror. I would take that and front heated seats  on the BMW.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:04:53 Mobile | Show all posts
I take it your talking about Audi here.

Bmw just have an extra button

Use magic Report

IMO it might be interesting in 2 second contemplation kind off way, to see if those who prefer mirrors over heated seats live in the city and those the other way round are country based.

Use magic Report

Mirrors over seats for me as well...My bottom doesn't get cold, and if it does I just fart...My lower back does first think in the morning but I just wear a jumper or coat...Problem solved...

Saying that I do have heated seats front and back and it is lovely to drive in your T-Shirt in the winter

Use magic Report

Corrected that for you

Use magic Report

Use magic Report

Heated seats, ABSOLUTELY.

Caveat, I’ve also moved South recently; now live near Southampton and yes it is far more mild. Still nice to have heated seats over folding mirrors I’d say though

Use magic Report

Yep VAG - I was helping nigel with his Golf and simply stating to take the function on the BMW no matter how they deliver it

Edit - the mention of the folding position of the control is merely because that usually signifies the auto dip function is available. Also usually signifies the fold in when locking is available as well. No other relevance since all it does is manually fold the mirrors

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:04:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Definitely option 1

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules