Author: Jean Valjean

The Graphic Novels / Comic Books thread

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:42:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Wish I had the willpower to do that, but I'm far too much of a hoarder!

Hi Killing Time. I've always wanted to get into The Authority, but I've been slightly put off by all the spin-offs etc. i.e. not knowing where to start with the series. Have you any idea of what a good reading order/sequence for the series is?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Tough question PaulieBeef & Hi... people have quite different views because of the spin off's,

Here's a good link to the same question that should clear up a few things for you.

Authority Reading Order - Comic Book Resources Forums

Best option pop in a comic shop & ask them for the reading order & then see the look you get

Use magic Report

Yay! Another one to recommend SiP rather than me. Dont be put off by the fact that its a love story that involves a bi-sexual lead character, its a fantastic read, the characters are very well drawn and fleshed out, and I am sad its over.

I am also lucky enough to have some original artwork, picked up when I met him back in '97, and some art picked up from ebay.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:42:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I just stumbled across this after browsing the Comic Book Resources link that KillingTime posted. Its a reading order for all X-Men releases Obviously you can dip in and out as you so wish but for someone not sure where to start this is brilliant.

X-Men TPB Reading Order

Use magic Report

Read Kickass last night, love John Romata Jrs artwork (was an artist on lots of Daredevil) and the story is very good indeed. Well, more blood than an abitour and also the famed c-bombs from small children.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:42:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Ended up reading Civil War while at work on the iPhone (can see a little niche market for the iPad).
Good idea for the story & great artwork. But why can't they continue the story for a while. I finished the book in just under 90mins but at £1.19 per episode x7 episodes = £8.33.
If only most of the them were like the walking dead which has been going on since 2003.

Use magic Report

Civil can be read as the stand alone series, but there were a hell of a lot more comics involved than just 7, lots of 'lead up to' and then 'aftermath of' stories.

Reading Order: Marvel Civil War Reading Order – BorkWeb

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 04:42:56 Mobile | Show all posts
cheers, I do find this can be a problem with so many spins offs its hard to know were to start.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:42:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Civil War scares me..... I really want to read it, but being a bit of a completionist, I know I'll end up buying practically every volume and spin-off I can get my hands on, be they good or bad. Maybe it might be better not to start reading it at all....

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:42:57 Mobile | Show all posts
I have only read the main issues, and they are very good indeed - I do not read many of the super powered Superheroes much, but Civil War and the Ultimates are fantastic stories.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部