Author: gstyle

Myplanet UK Solar Panels ...... A Warning !!!

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 03:54:14 Mobile | Show all posts
i registered on generatoytor.com, laods of posts about their stats and also complaints about slow payment in NI.

Is that an issue in the UK specifically EDF or with any of the providers?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:54:15 Mobile | Show all posts
The 'Surveyor came today, i addressed this 4kw issue the panels used come from Germany and have a 25 year manufacturers warranty.

Aparetly the output fugures given are for the worse case scenario using the older Sun power units, the scale used is still for the older type panels. the newer tech mono's will generate as long as there is daylight, so in hot summer this could be 9 hours not just 4.5 hours.

These panels are so efficient they no longer need to be directly facing the sun, but can be either side of the roof apex with the xception of North facing.

He stated the single inverters only have a 10 year warranty, while the micro inverters have 20 years. how true or not he said many of the cheaper panels come from China who has banned them (no idea why), so they might work for a long time but if not what then and what real warranty?

On warranty, it is insurranced backed, also if you use Barclays  for the loan they also back the warranty.

The glass is self cleaning, mindful of the threat of a harsh winter he claims snow has no effect as enough daylight still gets through with these high efficiency units and micro inverters. With separate micro inverters the output is increased by 20%, thats to say in low light at dusk as xample it will be better with than without them.

@ 9k I guess if i shopped around i could get some shaved off, while i don't think it's cheap given the figure if £7k is not extrotionate for quality as this seems the latest technology kit and everything seems to have knitted well into place, add in the system can be in and running by Friday i feel happy to go ahead.
thanks all that answered, hope we all learned something useful.

Alan

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:54:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Just had a call from George at My Planet explaining that the total cost is £100 for a 16 panel system fully installed, i repeated this back to him 3 times and he confirmed this.  so i think i my bite his hand off when he calls me back tomorrow

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:54:17 Mobile | Show all posts
astonishing quote, but is that without any FIT getting paid to you?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:54:18 Mobile | Show all posts
not sure what the whole deal is but will get 50% off my electrical bills and somethng from the govt ( think that may go out the window when he sees how much tech electrical stuff running 24/7 here :-(

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:54:18 Mobile | Show all posts
I would take a very careful look inti the detail, and get it in writing.

I think payment delays are due to NI being later to the party, check with your energy supplier, as i read some suppliers pay quarterly while some others pay yearly.

Alan

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:54:19 Mobile | Show all posts
Good afternoon Forum Members.I would appreciate your advice. I've been quoted £7750 for 2.75 kwp 11 solar panels. I feel that price is a rip off? What is a reasonable price for 11 solar panels. I did not haggle. Thank you in advance for your views.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:54:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Pay no more than £3.5k

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:54:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you Steve.
They are due to come and fit the solar panels on Monday 8th Dec.  I phoned the company this afternoon and told them that I am not going ahead unless they review their extortionate pricing. Why? This afternoon, I was alerted and started to have concerns when someone who claimed he used to work for the said company wanted to come and see me before the solar panels get fitted. So I phoned the company and someone who works with the installation unit in Chester phoned me back. I categorically told him that if someone came to give me a better price that there is no way I'd go ahead with it and left it at that after a lengthy conversation. He tried to re assure me that everything is OK but I'm not convinced.
Following that lengthy phone conversation, I phoned the Installation guy and left a message on his ansaphone. In addition to that I phoned the company and told the lady we're not prepared to go ahead with the solar panels unless they revie the price.  I have not heard from their Head Office which I was told will contact me.  What else would you do? Anyone?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:54:22 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd do exactely as i did, send an email cancelling under your 14 day cooling down oeriod, and follow up with a registered letter to their registered office.

Also follow up by contacting your bank and/or finance or credit card company ensuring no monies are to be taken from your account.

Niek imho is very informed, i was quoted 9k for 16 panels, best i got was £5295.00, but had shirter warranties.

Google solar heating and one company stes 4KW system £3700.00 ish!

Alan

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部