1234567Next
Back New
View: 1379|Reply: 64

Who trusts or doesn't trust food shopping online?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:28 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hopefully this will provide a decent discussion and a few giggles in the process

Personally i hate shopping in all it's forms and try to avoid it wherever possible, the one type that has to be done week in week out though is obviously food, whilst i try and pass the buck wherever possible it is inevitable that i have to go sometimes and very very occasionally even alone

On these odd occasions when i may have to go alone imo there's nothing worse than having more stuff than what will fit on the conveyor, as helpful as some of the staff may be if i'm already in the store i like to dump it all on and pack it at the other end myself, obviously this isn't practical often due to my amounts unless i endeavour to trip around a few stores.

Although hating the experience i don't really trust having food delivered by the major supermarket chains and rightly or wrongly for the following reason :-

If i have to go shopping i at least want to be able to pick the best dated stuff and feel that having stuff delivered would entail the retailer to pass on the worst dated produce first.

If stuff is damaged in transit how do you tell them to stick it?

Is there a rejection policy for damaged or crap dated produce and can you throw it back at the driver straight away, or do i have to call him back/drop it off myself to exchange and pick it up later?

Anyone else think this has grounds for concern or have experiences of damaged goods, great dated or crap dated produce?

Anyone work for a supermarket chain and have an idea of their chains take on this?

It's no big deal and probably won't change my stance on fetching it myself, but hey rattle on now

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:29 Mobile | Show all posts
I've been ordering shopping from Tesco from some months and like it.

It stores previous shops in there so you can easily pick what you liked or now need, really handy for us.
Never had any trouble at all with damaged goods, they always pick nice foods. I think the staff have to pick the best they can see (according to the former manager of deliveries at a Tesco who I now work with) although opinions can vary between people.

If items are dated closer than they would like they put them in blue bags and is clearly visible on the stock sheet. You can then decide to reject these and they will be taken off of your bill.

Apart from a few grumpy drivers we haven't had a problem at all.

The main reason we order online though is to budget the shopping, I know if we went in person we would put loads of junk or items we don't need. Paying the £3 delivery saves us alot in the long run.

Also if you order something that they don't have in stock they will give you the closest item, this is usually better or more expensive version but only charge you for the original item you paid for.

If you give it a go, do your first shop through quidco, they often have incentives or cash back for first time shoppers online that will more than cover the delivery charge.

Hope that helps.

Dan
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:30 Mobile | Show all posts
We do online/delivered grocery shopping, and they are very good in terms of refunds for damaged/wrong items.
We did have a problem with getting out of date food, but complained about this, and it hasn't been a problem since then.
It's much better than battling your way through a busy supermarket on Saturday.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:31 Mobile | Show all posts
I've used Tesco for some years.....never had any problems at all with food quality,or dates,and none with the actual content of the order either.

Works perfectly,does exactly what it says.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:50:32 Mobile | Show all posts
We used to get Tesco deliveries when we were both working - no problems.  Had a few items not quite right but they get credited back to your bill no problem.  Also I like that they bring substitutions for things they didn't have that you can keep or send back as you like.

Now SWMBO is a lady of leisure though, and there is a Waitrose within walking distance, so we do that now for 5x the cost   Sure is tasty though

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Good post Haggler. I think the reasons you have illustrated are the main issues people would have in regards to online food delivery. I think Orpheus post would ease some peoples fears and its certainly highlighted points that I was previously unware of.

It's something that I have not tried but I am willing to give it a go.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Online shopping seems to work better than it used to- my experiences a decade ago were hilarious but not ideal in terms of getting what you wanted. The main problem is that my mind doesn't work in a way suitable to use online shopping. I arrive at a supermarket knowing only how many days of food I need to buy (and whether that includes lunches) and my budget to achieve it. I then have a look around the supermarket and see what offers/ reduced for quick sale/ things I'd forgotten about can be used to achieve this. I cannot sit down at a computer and go "on tuesday, I'll have x" then buy the bits for that because for all I know, there's a storming offer on something else and I'll do a meal around that instead.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:35 Mobile | Show all posts
You've got two (or is it three now) kids don't you? I bet Mrs IMBW would raise an objection to this description.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:50:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Sometimes if you get something that is 'slightly' damaged the driver will let you keep it >and< give you for a refund

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:37 Mobile | Show all posts
well as an experienced picker from tesco i can tell you that we have to pick the highest date possible, but if its shorter date or nothing as someone said it does come up on your sheet, same with substitutions if items are not on shelf, although availability is like the main target so someone will go looking for it in the warehouse before anything is substituted!
when it gets delievered you can choose wether to keep the subs/shorter date product(if any) or send them back with the driver and will be refunded! but if we have to substitute we always tend to give you something similar or better for the cheapest price.

Use magic Report

1234567Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部