Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
1234567Next
Back New
Author: Haggler

Who trusts or doesn't trust food shopping online?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:50:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Sounds a bit time consuming, shouldn't online shopping be quick and simple? if you do what you say everytime you shop might you just as well trip over to the store and seek out the bargains yourself?

Do you shop at more than one online store seeking out and comparing the offers of each? this is one of my issues in that i have an urge if i've got to occasionally participate in the weekly shop to sometimes trip on over to a few stores close together and seek out the offers in each

Then again i may be just tight
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:50:46 Mobile | Show all posts
You fibbers!

Don't get me wrong once i get there i'm fine with it and enjoy a good rumage, it's the effort getting there in the first place and the short length of the conveyors (when shopping alone) that annoy me most, i like to dump all the food on and be at the other end in time to bag it

Maybe they could introduce a longer conveyor, something like this and extend the store a bit?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:46 Mobile | Show all posts
I can't remember the last time we had to bag stuff ourselves.
There's always some sort of fund-raiser waiting to bag your stuff for a small donation.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:47 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm sure Tesco and the other retailers are fully aware of the concerns Haggler raises and so do make it easy to reject stuff and direct the pickers to choose fresher items etc. Otherwise they are unlikely to grow the delivery service due to bad word of mouth.

For the record, been using tesco and asda deliveries for several years and always happy with the service. Never had any problems when I've rejected stuff.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:50:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Indeed but if i'm going to make the effort in going at all i like stuff bagged together how i want it, like frozen stuff separate from veggies and tinned foods separated from them etc, some of these young guns don't give a monkeys and i'd end up with lovely perfumed onions

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:48 Mobile | Show all posts
The delivery people will seperate your shopping like this although we chose the no bags option mostly because its best for the environment but you also get a few extra tesco points. With the no bags option it will come in crates but still be seperated ie a freezer crate, a cuboard crate etc. They bring these through to the kitchen for you and will even help take the food out of them (as they take the crates back with them) the only thing that will come in a plastic bag then will be the subsitutions again so you can easily decide if you want them or not.

if you do have the bags option you can give the driver bags you dont want for recycling.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
How do you manage to eat something for free, whilst browsing online?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I used Asda's online shopping until about six months ago, it is a pretty good service and saved me countless life wasting hours trudging around the local supermarket with two young children in tow.

The reason we stopped using it is not because there was a problem with the service, it's more a problem with my Mrs.

We started out spending around £80 a week on a single shopping delivery from Asda, but after a while her indoors started wanting to get certain items from different places and she simply cannot go in and out of any supermarket without spending at least £35, even if she just pops in for a loaf of bread and a pint of milk she comes out with a trolley full, so the price of my weekly shop crept up to over £100 a week and we were still having to go into the supermarket itself to get stuff!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I use Asda and find it pretty good most of the time. I do get some substitutions or sometimes items missing, and occasionally they give me fruit/salad that's a day away from expiry but if you phone/email them afterwards to complain they just refund you for any items that are missing or unsatisfactory.

I don't think they're always very good with substitutions though, i ordered some deodorant once, and they didn't have one of the ones i wanted so instead they gave me the antipersperant version of the same fragrance, but it looks exactly the same so i didn't notice, and i can't use A.P because the dust irritates my lungs. I would have thought the logical thing would have been to give me another of the other deodorant i ordered as they know i like it, but that's just me..

they've also given me egg fried rice instead of plain rice, scotch broth instead of vegetable soup, a smaller tin of peaches in place of the tin i ordered.. all in all not perfect there.

There used to be tons of free delivery vouchers online for them but they don't seem to do them anymore, which is a shame, but they've introduced an 8 hour time slot for £2.50 which is good if you don't have anywhere to go that day.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I ordered lemon juice once for shrove tuesday- which (perhaps because it was the run up to shrove tuesday) was out of stock. The substitution? Lemon Cif.

Use magic Report

1234567Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部