1234567Next
Back New
Author: Haggler

Who trusts or doesn't trust food shopping online?

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 05:50:38 Mobile | Show all posts
2 and 2/3 as it happens

She may well raise an objection, but luckily the wifi coverage is poor in the kitchen and laundry
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:39 Mobile | Show all posts
For me the pros greatly outweigh the cons.

Pros

I always know when it is arriving so never worry about what we have in.
Can order from my desk. If it is the same as the previous week I can click one button.
Easier to see offers and deals.
Save Petrol.
Don't run the risk of my car being dinked in the car park.
Saves loads of time.
Don't have to mix with Joe Public (which is the number one)

Cons

The only con I can see is that they sometimes substitute items.

In reference to the OP I have never had damaged goods in over 4 years of online shopping and the dates are always good.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
My experience with Tesco deliveries:

If it's damaged and you see it on delivery, just tell the driver you don't want it because it's damaged and they take it back and put on the system that you are due a refund for it (usually refunded within a couple of days).
If you find out after unpacking, phone or email them and they will process a refund without asking for it back (I've not had to do it with high value items though so I don't know if they'd ask to see it if it was expensive).

Regarding the date, Tesco only deliver stuff with at least 3 days to go before the best before date. If something is closer to the date they put it in a different coloured bag, and the driver tells you about it and you can reject it on delivery and get a refund.

As far as I have seen so far, any complaint has been handled quickly and without hassle. I've had a pack of salmon fillets that just stunk when I opened it, they refunded without question saying that the packaging might have been broken slightly and let air get in etc.

If I want something special like a good joint of meat or special ingredients I will go an pick them myself but for standard weekly groceries, the delivery service is great as I save a lot of time and hassle.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
We've online food shopped for at least the last 10 years - never a problem - though we do buy meat from the local butcher and fruit and veg from the local greengrocer.

Over the years the service has got a hell of a lot better - I remember the first time we tried to use Sainsburys online - we had to go to the store and were given a scanner and told to go and scan everything we might ever want to buy. Things have improved since then lol

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:50:40 Mobile | Show all posts
No way!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Best of luck with number three mate. I found going from one child to two much more difficult than going from two to three...the hardest part is finding a car with three full size back seats.

As to the OP, we get shopping delivered fairly regularly from Asda or Tesco, and while there are occasionally problems, they normally fall over themselves to sort them out. Back in the early days - maybe 7 or 8 years ago - they didn't put as much effort in, but I think now all the big chains appreciate that unless you get everything you want in the condition you'd expect, you are unlikely to use their service again. It's in their interest to provide you with goods of expected quality, and not just the items that fell off the back of the shelf and have been lying on the floor for a fortnight.

Use magic Report

Indeed - which is why I am currently researching the Multimac car seat system - there's a thread on it in the motoring forum somewhere.  Theoretically it lets you seat three kids in an M3 convertible

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:50:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Tesco seems to be getting a huge thumbs up, anyone have any experience of the other chains delivery services?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
no issue here either - tescos have been fine  - delivered on time, ever time - would cost me more than £3/£4 in diesel/time/hassle etc for wandering round the store myself and the driver usually brings the stuff into the kitchen as well.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
They say that the shopper picks the best dated produce for you and in my experience this is for the most part true, nothing is perfect but we have never felt unhappy, if something has a very short date they normally list it so it's easy for you to reject, we've found sometimes they will even give you things for free if they are too short.

They put substitutions in a separate bag again so they are easy to find so you can easily say nope don't want that.

You most certainly arn't being palmed off with bad quality or short product life that they want to get rid off which seems to be your concern.

if you are unpacking and don't like the look of something you say sorry don't want this and hand it back to the driver (sometimes you get to keep it too   refund), if after the driver is gone you find something is bad you ring up and say and the few times I've done this they simply refund the money for the product back to the card I've never been asked to give it back.

It can be a little slow doing the shopping online the first couple of times because of finding everything but after that you can easily do your weeks shopping in 10 mins in your pj's with your feet up.

We've had about 200 or so deliverys from tesco's and about 5 from waitrose and and 99% of the time they have been on time and we have been happy, occassionly I feel a bit more effort could have been put into the substitutions if they don't have something you asked for (though you have the ability to list what you want instead in case they have to substitute which I've never done as its too much effort), I think they have let us down about 3 times over the years and on each occasion we were given at least £10 of vouchers to say sorry.

The biggest downside I think is sometimes it can be hard to know how much of something you want and it's easier to get what you need in person. Is that 500g finest box meal for 1 or for 2? it's normally obvious but not always.

On the tesco's site at least there is a tab to see everything that is by 1 get one free, and one for everything thats reduced and one for multibuys etc etc

Use magic Report

1234567Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部