1234567Next
Back New
Author: Haggler

Who trusts or doesn't trust food shopping online?

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 05:50:44 Mobile | Show all posts
@Ed

Give me watching a movie and slightly more expensive fish any day

Each to his own though - you should at least have more space in the shop to survey the options with some of us staying at home.  And let's face it, I bet a lot of internet shoppers do it becauase they have kids, so that's a lot of kids not under your feet
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Tried online shopping a couple of times and I guess its OK. Having a Waitrose, Morrisons and Sainsburys very close by I just find it's easier and quicker just to go to the store rather than mess about online and then recieve the stuff sometime later. I think Ed Selly is right about the fish counter, I like to choose fish, I don't think I'd want to buy fish online.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
used to use ASDA online service, had a few issues with meat being very close to use by date and their substitutions weren't always the best, also delivery was to the door then had to carry stuff from door to cupboards.

Tried Tesco a few months ago and they have been brilliant, as already mentioned they advise of short dates, give you the choice or accepting subs or not and the drivers are the most helpful, carry the trays right into the kitchen and are generally very friendly and good for a wee chat.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Used Tesco in the early days, but thought it was rubbish.  My problems with the system were

(i) Selecting products was slow - took me almost as long to build the electronic cart as it would have been to do the shopping myself.  This was a few years ago, so I imagine this will have improved.

(ii) When I did it you could select alterntives or not - single option applied to the whole shop.  So when we used it we invariably got alternatives we didn't want and when he turned it off we failed to get obvious alternatives.

(iii) Some small problems with late-dated stuff.

(iv) Missed the experience of seeing new stuff that might be of interest and the fact that the brand of coffee next to the one I selected was on special offer.

(v) Biggest problem was missing stuff or alternatives we didn't want.  This invariably meant a trip to Tesco to buy stuff or return that we didn't want - so it kind of defeated the object.

Cheers,

Nigel

Use magic Report

This is where the online system pays dividends in weeks 2  when you hit 'same again' or 'same again with variation'.  I think you can even define recipes and store them, then you can order 'chicken blah with a side of blah-de-blah' in a click.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
When used in conjunction with mysupermarket.co.uk you can see if an alternative brand on offer is cheaper than what you picked.

I can sometimes save £10 on a weeks shopping by just swapping a few things. E.g. 4x single bottles of pepsi instead of 1x pack of 4 bottles because the single ones are on BOGOF

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I must be the only one so far who actually enjoys physically going food shopping, and prefer going without the missus.

She just ends up staring at a shelf of products for 10 minutes deciding which one to get

I also do the shopping list myself as she doesn't group things together so you end up going down the same aisles 20 times

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Been using Tesco for around six years or so and have to give it a big .

Whenever something has gone wrong , say once we had the wrong cat food pouches delivered , just phoned the help desk and refund applied no problem.

All in all can't recommend them enough and are about the cheapest for delivery and also no minimum order value applies.

Did once use Asda and like mcmi found the due dates on the meals were much shorter.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:46 Mobile | Show all posts
I quite enjoy it too.
I like picking the leanest bacon, the nicest steaks, the cinnamon bun with the thickest icing etc.etc.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:50:46 Mobile | Show all posts
The first time you use them it does take nearly as long after that it gets quicker and quicker, on Tescos you can bring up your last 3 shops to quickly add things you brought or go to your favourites which is pretty much everything you have ever brought (you can easily remove stuff from favourites) and you can go to your favourites by department.

There is no reason to turn off alternatives now, the subsitutions are listed seperatly and come in a different bag and so you can quickly say no don't want that to the driver and he returns them. If there is something very important to your shop you can specify exactly what to substitute with if they don't have what you want. The system still isn't perfect certainly but you wouldn't ever have to go to tesco to return something but you might still need to pop in occasionally for 5 mins to get something you need.

Use magic Report

1234567Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部