Author: mjbtin

Belkin PureAV Home Theater Power Console PF40 £38.87

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 21:18:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Just plugged one of mine into 3 different plug sockets - 2 on different circuits I think and it shows an earth problem on them all - will invesitage further tomorrow
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:18:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Ian - further from my post above ive now tested it on 2 different rings and all sockets and its showing an Earth fault on all of them for me as well.

A house mate is an electrician and as the house has just been completely re-wired just had him double check everything. Its all spot on very odd. Im going to test the device at another 2 houses tonight and report back.

Possible faulty batch?

Rob

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:18:04 Mobile | Show all posts
I am on my second one, both showing wiring faults when there aren't any. I believe the moulded plug is wired in reverse. Blue to live and brown to neutral. I have contacted Belkin and have level 2 support ringing me within 24hrs. What kind of checks are being carried out in the factory before release?

Regards mipmip.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 21:18:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Mine arrived today, very rapid delivery, only paid for slowest delivery. On opening the box I was suprised how large it was, almost the size of an amplifier, and the mains lead is very thick and shielded.
I am using it on my computer headphone setup using a mytek dac and little dot balanced headphone amp. Have connected all these to the Belkin plus dell monitor, and my initial impressions are very positive, with more cleanly defined sound in all areas.Obviously results will vary with components and quality of mains. As with some others I noted the unit also indicated inverse mains polarity and defective earth, not sure about that. Good buy though considering buying another one for the other system.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:18:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Are you aware the instructions tell you not to use the unit if a wiring fault is indicated? The circuit breaker is on the live wire and will not give full protection if you have a problem. Your connected appliances will be reverse polarity too.

Regards mipmip.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 21:18:08 Mobile | Show all posts
It does start to sound as if there may be a problem with these units.  I am pretty sure my sockets are earthed correctly.

Firstly from decorating and wiring new sockets in
Secondly I was getting an earth loop when I was connecting equipment through a different plug on the same spur
Thirdly because some while back when I tighted the earth wire in the mains supply box other side of the consumer box back ground noise levels reduced significantly.

Could be that a wire has come loose or the connection corroded but equally possible that this is a bad batch.

My serial nos are:
O0606C00305WM - shows faulty earth
.............307WM - not yet tested
.............316WM - not yet tested

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:18:08 Mobile | Show all posts
I concur, now tested in 3 different houses - same fault on every house on numerous different rings.

I will grab my serial number no and update.

Ian - ill be ringing Belkin in the morning but if you could update with how you get on that would be much appreciated

Rob

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 21:18:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Just emailed them - will follow up tomorrow if I dont hear anything.  They are a very reputable company so I am sure things will be sorted too - good thing about this is we have spotted a potential generic problem before we spent huge sums of money having the house wiring tested or even renewed.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 21:18:11 Mobile | Show all posts
automated email repsonse received promising reply within 1 business day

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:18:11 Mobile | Show all posts
spotted this earlier on ebay - following the link from this thread, they seem to have several hundred in stock!
might hold off until this earth thing gets resolved, should have some time before they all sell out!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部