Author: Koolvin1

Technosonic -Thomson 32" LCD OWNERS CLUB

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:35:00 Mobile | Show all posts
I know abit off topic but I purchased this bargain DVD recorder for 67 pounds from tesco it's a Lite-On DD-A110

it has:

DV in (camcorders)
progressive out
Scart out/in
RF out/in
super small and in black to match the Thomson set
plays mpeg4, mp3 etc

check it out:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426000
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hi - got this television (a silver one) last week and have been toying with the settings and connections since - I must say the picture via my digibox and DVD player/recorder  (SUMVISION SV-1000) via AV1(RGB) look awesome (better than most lcds I see on display in shops) and even the picture via co-axial is pretty good.  I too was confused by the av1/av1rgb issue mentioned above but a bit of toying around cleared up the confusion. It's easier if I just tell U the story (bear in mind I'm not that AVsavvy!)

I have a run-of-the-mill sky digibox, an SV-1000 (SUMVISION) DVD recorder/player, and an XBOX (not 360 as yet!). Out of the box I connected the tv to the aerial lead (ie coaxial) via the digibox and let it get on with auto-tuning (didnt connect anything to AV1/2/3 yet). Once it was through I renamed and rejigged the channel positions BBC1_BBC2_ITV etc using the supplied instructions.  Then I connected my digibox via one of the scarts on the digibox (doesnt seem to matter which U use and U only need one anyway so I chose the TV out one) to my SCART-IN on the DVD recorder and then the SCART-OUT from the DVD recorder to AV1. I set the digibox remote controller up with code 653 so that pressing the sky button flicks to sky on CH6 on the TV. I also set my skybox to output 16/9 picture ratio via the system setup. However the SKY picture via AV1 (SCART) looked slightly better than SKY via CH6 so I was watching SKY via AV1 (which is routed through the dvd recorder as above). I then noticed that pressing the AV button again on my TV remote gave AV1 RGB but it was a monochrome (blue) picture which came up - I was puzzled by this but a bit of tinkering and an accidental discovery cured this - In the DVD recorder menu settings there were 2 settings for output picture format - CVBS (coaxial) and RGB both via the scart lead to AV1 - It was set to CVBS by default - so I changed this to RGB and WHOA! the picture instantly became much more vibrant and defined. Now when I press the AV button on the TV remote the TV automatically selects AV1 RGB. If I press it again it goes to AV1 RGB again as before but now the picture is full colour (no longer monochrome blue) but is the same quality as AV1 since the TV automatically detects the RGB input and lets you know via the little blue channel icon which pops up. I hope this isn't too confusing!! The crucial thing to get from this is that if you flick to AV1 (say from CH4 terrestial) the blue icon should flash up as AV1 RGB and not just AV1. If just AV1 appears then you are watching essentially a picture via co-axial which is inferior to RGB even though it is going via a SCART lead. AV2 doesnt seem to do this so to play safe I just watch SKY via my DVD recorder as above (AV1) and have the XBOX plugged into AV2 via its SCART adaptor. This way only one SCART lead coming out of the digibox is neccesary.

If anyone has any other advice I'm all ears!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
lovecraft.. or anyone else
can you plzz post some images of your silver technsosnic.
I've ordered one and its coming on next monday, just wanted to see if it looks as good as the slick black one.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:35:01 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I forgot to say in my above post make sure your sky digibox is set-up to output RGB as opposed to PAL via the system setup menu. Make sure and watch sky via AV1(RGB) as it is a vastly superior to CH6 sky (the channel it flicks to when you press the blue sky button on your sky remote). If you have a DVD recorder/player route the output from the skybox through the player/recorder to AV1 as above and make sure that it is also set-up to output an RGB signal.

If you have a stand alone DVD player with a sole SCART out, and a SKY digibox as well then I'm not sure how to get both to using AV1(RGB). Is it possible to buy a 2 to 1 scart adaptor ? (AV2 doesnt seem capable of accepting an RGB signal).

Sorry if my posts seem simplistic to you AV boffins out there - I'm new to all this stuff and I'm just trying to share my experiences so far with anybody in the same boat

ps does anyone know if its possible to make the SKY blue button flick the TV to AV1 when pressed as opposed to CH6 ?

By the way the silver colour of the set is real nice !

HPL

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
How do you get the the tv to change to channel 6 when you press the sky button?

I just turn the sky box on and off (select scart control ON in the sky menu) to get the tv to switch to av1.

Use magic Report

I haven't set it up like that - it used to do it on my old TV as well.  Maybe the engineer set it up like that when the skybox was installed ? When the technosonic tuned itself in it picked the rf signal out of the skybox up and assigned it to channel 6. (I hadnt connected anything to any of the av scarts as yet). I then programmed the sky remote with the code for the thompson (653 I think) and the SKY button was still selecting CH6 when pressed.

I was wondering what the SCART control setting was for - I understand that at least now - but as I leave my skybox on all the time I thought it would be nice just to be able press the sky button and have it go to sky on AV1(RGB) rather than CH6 or having to turn it on and off. (Lazy or what !) plus if you turn it on and off doesnt it come back on ch999 or something like that ? (the one with all the sky bumph explanations) which entails another 3 presses to change channel - and occasionally I have had to wait while it searched for program listings again.

What does your SKY button do then ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:35:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Well I am asking for help... When guys discuss the codes for the Sky remote, how do I reprogramme the remote control, eye know to use 653, but then what.  Easy steps would be great, after all I am a girl

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hi.  I've got my Silver Technosonic now, but I can not get 1366x768 resolution using a DVI-HDMI lead.  With vga, I get 1:1.  Any guides using powerstrip will be greatly appreciated.  Thank You

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
koolvin (actually anyone), can you post each of the settings you used on HDMi and also powerstrip settings at 50Hz.  Thank You.

I received my techno today and am using it as a PC monitor.  I am very impressed by the picture quality and am running it at 60Hz over VGA.  When I play video of any kind, it seems to be a bit jerky.  I think the 60Hz is causing the problem.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部