[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:35:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi.. yes i can confirm that as i have not been able to get my sky remote to
work with this tv,so i upgraded to a new grey REV 8 sky remote and it works
(standard Sky). I got mine off ebay (a lot cheaper) Just make sure you buy an original sky one and not a copy.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 22:35:15 Mobile | Show all posts
The design on this Philips TV looks almost the same as the Technosonic/Thomson.

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=324442

[Moderator Comment: image removed please don't link to embedded offsite images]

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:35:16 Mobile | Show all posts
I own this tv and am so happy with it, It's my first lcd and for the price I have been blown away. I got it on the first day (back in october) that they were available, I have a cz model ( i think) and all is good. I have a 360 via component after using vga for ages and noticing a much better pic via component and telewest via rgb (also very good) and my htpc via hdmi.

A question about this model, what settings are people using for their 360's is it vga/component? and what settings for brightness etc. do people have? I'm at work right now but am continually changing settings for the hd, and i'm looking for the ideal settings. maybe I should start a new thread. hmmm.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:35:17 Mobile | Show all posts
keep all info on this thread or the original tech thread.
Has anyone got any pics of the tv showing sky hd or xbox 360????
thanks.....

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:35:18 Mobile | Show all posts
hi guys!

I bought one of these yesterday purely for xbox 360 use, i was initially impressed until the dark section of the games where is simply becomes too dark to see anything at all (except sometime bright colours in the dark), the same games looked fine on my old TV,  has anyone else found this dark problem?

having fiddled with the settings, you can get it ever so slightly better but the light parts then look stupidly bright and orange. i mean even coloured characters faces are just one splodge of black and well i;m feeling a tad diappointed!!! games tested so far are ghost recon, gears of war and dead rising.  don;t get me wrong on outdoor colourful scenes the tv looks the nuts but as soon as you see a shadow or any night scenes its totally unplayable

now i am using a core system/scart lead connection, i have ordered HD AV leads but am worried they won't make a difference? will they? is the tele faulty? is it a common problem?

thanks all!!!!

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:35:18 Mobile | Show all posts
You will notice a big difference if you use the HD cables, not just in brightness but the picture quality will be so much better.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:35:20 Mobile | Show all posts
anyone any ideas as to the code to get my sky  remote to change the volume of this telly though?  Ive asked this a few times in the parent thread with no joy and now my kids have hidden the TV remote! Oh its a rev 4.0 remote control by the way

also I know a few people posted the picture settings they used to get the best picture in the other thread, well I have accidentally buggered up the brightness and colour and my picture has gone ****!  There is no way I can find the advised settings in the other thread so can anyone else help in here instead?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
come on guys, most of you should have digital cameras, so can you please take some pictures of your tv in action so we can compare various issues about picture quality. I've posted some!! It only takes 2 minutes c'mon.

Use magic Report

i seriously doubt whether the majority of people posting on this thread actually own this set at all!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hi, I did post on the other thread but that only seems to cater for the children using the TV for playing with games machines. Doesnt anyone watch TV anymore?

I bought the Woolies Technosonic and connected up a pioneer stereo receiver and a Philips DVD recorder. The picture is ok, but not much different to my old TV of ten years, therefore I am wondering if it could be the way it is connected which accounts for the poor picture quality.

I have adjusted the brightness, sharpness, colour on the personal setting, with the sharpness down pretty low and it has improved slightly, I also have an aerial fitter coming Thrusday as it may also be an aerial issue. I would appreciate help in the physical connection side. I have two scart leads, AV 1 to the DVD and AV2 for the audio etc on the receiver. I have a seperate auudio lead between the stereo receiver and the DVD, should this go from the receiver directly to the audio on the rear of the TV? ALso what is the HD leads people talk of, is that just for the XBox things or would it benefit for the DVD recorder, it is a Philips dvd recorder and is pretty new? Any help appreciated

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部