Author: thesnowdog

The No Man's Sky VR Thread

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:19:45 Mobile | Show all posts
This is now the second best VR game available right now, knocking Skyrim VR down to third best with Elite Dangerous still being number one.

I still prefer the sim like gameplay of Elite Dangerous but No Man's Sky having a scanner combined with my OCD regarding these things means I'm going to spend just as much time playing both games and just as much enjoyment playing each one too.

Got attacked by my first hostile alien species last night and I didn't see it coming so I nearly pooed my pants
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:19:45 Mobile | Show all posts
After some tweaks I've managed to get it running smoothly. It's not 90fps (actually it's roughly around 45fps, up from the paltry 30fps it was locking at before), but it looks "smooth" to my eyes. And on the Vive Pro, it's quite booootiful!

The trick is to disable AA and HBAO, knock down a few graphics options to Standard, and disable the awful SteamVR motion smoothing. No more wibbly-wobbly graphics and everything now looks pin-sharp rather than semi-blurred.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:19:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Me and my son played this all day today. We’re both on Indexes and can speak to each other at all times. What’s rather brilliant is we don’t  have to join each other’s game we are both just there in the same world. It must allow whoever’s in your friends list to appear.

Anyway I just got my hyperdrive working and made my first jump. I really need a bigger shop though this one is full.

I was never a big fan of ED but this has me hooked.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:19:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Elite Dangerous is the better game out of the two for my money but I can easily see me putting over a thousand hours into this game too without a problem.

I prefer Elite Dangerous because it's more of a sim than a game but both games are awesome. Just working on building my first base at the moment and have found two Gek things so far plus some alien artifacts.

I think I've got the hang of the controls for flying the ship so far but I'd prefer it to be just dual stick controlled rather than using motion controls I think.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:19:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Take the best bits of NMS and then wrap them into the ED lore, graphics and flight model and I think we would have the perfect game.
(Oh and stick a bit of X wing/tie fighter missions and story telling in there too).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:19:46 Mobile | Show all posts
I keep on seeing plenty of ships flying about which is a little disappointing, space is a little too crowded for my liking. I'd expect to see ships at space stations but not so many flying around on planets.

It's the only complaint I have so far.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I only had a little play on the day of the update and it was janky as you like. I notice there have been three tiny updates since. I think I might hold off for a little while for performance to improve.

Use magic Report

It's a good point there snowdog and is one of the things I likes about ED. Space is desolate

Use magic Report

Been having a good play today with NMS. The performance is not bad at all now - whacked everything up to ultra and pretty much still get a good framerate (although it's 50% reprojection, but not noticeable - no worse than on the lowest settings).

It's very engrossing, if a little confusing. The menus are a good example of bad UI design. Point here then press RT followed by RG then LG, push up on the right thumbpad and rub your tummy to build a dingbat. Whoops, sorry, you don't have enough cheezy wotsits for that.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:19:47 Mobile | Show all posts
what kind of specs vs framerates are people playing at and finding success?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部