Author: Cobb

Mayweather V Pacquiao

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:56:47 Mobile | Show all posts
This is an interesting watch if you haven't seen it yet:                                
I think Mayweather would win at any point in the last 5 years. Happy to be proven wrong (fan of both), and wouldn't be surprised if either (or both) took a count.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:56:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi All,

I too want nothing more than a Pacquiao win - it would fill me with elation but I too do not see that happening.

Mayweather has Vegas in his pocket - he makes too much money for them & exerts too much influence over those controlling the sport. I am sure the Kenny Bayless is very pro Mayweather & although many will disagree with me, I do not think he is that good a ref - he always gives Mayweather way too much latitude. I would have even preferred Tony Weeks over Bayless.

Mayweather will use every advantage & tactic outside the ring exerting his influence across as many platforms as he can but also will be too slick in the ring. I expect him to hold, elbow, use the forearm etc. I do not know why, but I get a feeling Manny will suffer an "accidental" head butt which will leave him cut badly & compromise his fight - I hope it does not happen!

Unless Manny can negate his right counter, I think he will be outpointed. I think Mayweather has better footwork & balance than Manny and can hit on the move - I find that Manny moves to complete combinations in an in & out manner but rarely hits while avoiding & retreating like Mayweather does. I believe this a key advantage Mayweather has over Manny.

It really worries me how much Manny seems to absolutely believe that God is on his side & he will win because of that but I think a Manny win will be better for the image of boxing overall - I just hope I am deeply wrong & somehow, someway, Manny wins! I am rooting for it!

Suave!

Use magic Report

Prolly have a bet on the knockdown market seems bit of value there.

Manny to go for it in first 6 then Mayweather to knock him out. Maybe.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Good post but, I actually suspect that deep down, Manny knows he will be beaten on Saturday. This ship sailed 6 years ago for him to have a chance of winning and it's now nothing more than an unbelievable payday for him to retire on. He's no longer expected to win due to his decline through age meaning his energetic style has gone. He has no unbeaten record to protect (like Mayweather), so is probably unconcerned about losing bearing in mind he is getting a minimum of £120m for 36 minutes work. It's a win-win for Manny really.

Mayweather might be the biggest gobsh**te in boxing but there is no doubting his incredible ability. Yes, he's boring as hell to watch but that's what wins him fights and I expect him to win this one comfortably. He'll have to weather a few early scares until Pacman tires, then he can just plod round the ring jabbing away and defending to a unanimous points decision. He'll get the notch on the post and we'll never hear the end of it.

The unfortunate aspect for him is he'll always be tarnished by ducking Manny back when the fight would have actually mattered. Back when Manny was at unrelentingly ferocious best. Due to the vastly contrasting styles of the two, if Floyd wins, people will say Manny was past it. If he loses, the rest will say he wasn't good enough to beat his nemesis. He can't really win and that is a shame because it's a situation he's brought on himself by avoiding to fight Manny years ago.

I'm not saying Manny cannot win but for him to do so, he'll have knock out Mayweather and probably within the first 6 rounds - And that won't happen because he is a shadow of the force he used to be. He no longer carries the immense and near constant threat of old, that would/could have cut through Floyds defense..

I stand by what I said a few months ago when the fight was first announced in that; boxing fans have been robbed in more ways that one with this fight. It could have been made years ago and ended all discussion about who was the best. I may be a little harsh in my assessment here but, having it now makes it little more than a curio between two ageing boxers to satisfy the punters whilst shamelessly printing money for all concerned.

I would not be at all surprised at that outcome in the later rounds though it will depend on his tired Manny is... That said, Mayweather isn't really known for his punching power so I think a points win is the safest bet.

Use magic Report

Hey Guys... I am looking forward to this fight but looking for the best way to watch it (legally).

I do not have proper Sky, just Freeview.
However I have Sky Go on my xbox360 as we pay for my in laws to have Sky at their house.
The package does include sky sports but as this is on Box Office I doubt that will be a blocker.

Can you watch paid for events like this on on Sky Box Office on Sky Go?

If not what are my next best options?
I am thinking some paid for streaming event on the internet but worry I end up either being unable to stream due to the volume of traffic or I end up on some dodgy site.

Any recommendations?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:56:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Suave, nice write up

as much as i want Manny to win i think watching the above video with Marquez comment i have to agree. Mayweather is better thank Marquez in regards thinking about the fight and intelligence, i think he will just hand pick Manny and i don't want to say but wouldn't be surprised if he knocks him out like Marquez did.

I think key will be getting the left arm over faster than Mayweathers right

u gotta love HBO, there shows are the best

issue now i have is that VM, are not going to show in HD, don't have sky

trying to see if maybe vpn and use HBO app and stream it, which going to cost more but better commentary and HD

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
i have gone a cheap vpn for few days, going to create an US Itunes account, then download HBO demand app and then stream and see what its like

then if its good i probably just buy it from there and stream and get HD and good commentary

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I think you are being overly harsh here. Granted, it's not the perfect time for the fight to happen but, while they're still 1 & 2 (or 1 & 3) in most peoples P4P rankings, it matters (almost) as much as it used to.

As you say, nobody will be saying Mayweather was past it (despite him being the older man) if Pacquiao wins - they'll say Pacquiao was always better. But they'll be quick to say Pacquiao was past it should Mayweather wins, which comes from most people's dislike for Mayweather, rather than an objective viewpoint. If anyone says whichever man loses is past it, then it's nothing more than an excuse.

I'm also not sure it's entirely Mayweather's fault that the fight hasn't already happened. I seem to remember Freddie Roach all but admitting it was their fault the first negotiations fell apart - over drug testing?

I've always found it hard to envision how this fight would go. Like I said previously, I wouldn't be surprised if either took a count.

Use magic Report

Is that the only way to do it in the UK is setup a VPN to the US and download the HBO app?
I was hoping to just stream it, problem I have is I do not know who is legit and who is not.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 20:56:50 Mobile | Show all posts
There will be streams available and some paid streams too. What pic will be like is another matter

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部