Mayweather V Pacquiao

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:56:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi,

What is the procedure/process to do what you plan & what the costs do you know? Is it something that a novice like me can do on a "Monkey See, Monkey Do" basis?!

Suave!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
My money is going to be on Manny Pacquaio. I do fear that Mayweather may win on points though.

I hope Manny keeps the pressure on, with his awkward movement and punching angles he should be able to land more. But then Mayweather is a master at changing up the pace and tactics of a fight. Manny could win the first 6 rounds, then Mayweather the next 6.

I think it will be a close fight, and hopefully an amazing one at that.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 20:56:50 Mobile | Show all posts
I don't see it being close at all. Mayweather points decision, although I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hi,

I hear what you are saying but that is one aspect of possible contention against something the Freddie Roach said - remember, at the time, Pacquiao was just as relevant as Mayweather.

The Mayweather camp seem to jump on this one aspect but never seem to recognise the near constant stream of obstacles & excuses they came out with over the last 5/6 years.

50 Cent himself said one time that MW was scared to death of Pacquiao & that MW did not want anyone to earn anywhere near what he would.The Olympic Style Drug Testing as per Mayweather demands & a flat fee of $40 Million but no PPV - a crazy proposal that he knew would not be acceptedPacquiao then offers all drug testing & a 55/45 split & that is then rejected.The accusations that Manny was on PEDS only for MW to lose in court & reach a private settlement.Accusations that Ariza was dirty & slipping things to Manny only now for Floyd to now hire him - how ironic.The fight will never happen as long as Bob Arum is in the pic - they knew all along Arum was not going anywhere & now all of a sudden, it's OK for Bob Arum to be in the pic?Manny must leave TR/Bob Arum & sign with Mayweather Promotions - seriously?MW said that Manny isn't good enough - if so, why not fight him then? I suppose Guerrero, Ortiz, Maidana etc are any better by his logic?Pacquiao has lost but I am undefeated? So all his previous opponents were also undefeated then right?He comes from a 106 - really? If I recall correctly, MW also came up from a featherweight & moved up just like MannyPPV - well some of MW's last few fights have not lived up to PVV expectations either & no other fighter apart from Manny could/can generate any higher PPV numbers - Strange how Showtime refused to reveal MW's PPV figures for the Maidana fights huh?Fight can only be done on Showtime PPV via Mayweather Promotions - knowing full well there is zero chance of thatThe fight no longer holds any weight - it seems it does - $200 million worth!Manny just wants to fight because of his tax problems - really? MW is willing to lose $200 Million just because Manny allegedly has tax problems?Remember the "I'm concerned for my health & family" Line?Remember when Mayweather Sr once said "I'm scared for my son's life if he fights that little man"? Kind of resonates what 50 Cents huh?
I'm sure there are plenty more but excuses may come from both camps but most of the issues come from Mayweather & not a single opinion of Freddie Roach - bear in mind this is someone who sadly has a degenerative brain & mental condition so some can rightly or wrongly claim that what he stated may/may not tally with the actual whole picture at the time. Even if Manny had agreed to MW's specific drug testing demands that was listed as the excuse, there was no way MW would have then said, OK, I'll agree to 50/50 - let's fight.

I believe the fight is only taking place due to Les Moonves of CBS getting involved & the head of HBO - once that happened, pretty much all the above listed suddenly seemed to become redundant & irrelevant pretty much overnight!

I think the one thing MW suffers from is an absolute & total fear of not being in control - once that happens he becomes a ranting vocal beast without reason - he is, imo, clinically insecure & a megolomanic - he has been this way so long that if he strays one pace away from it, he loses control.

Anyone who challenges & does not capitulate to him gets the chop or the nasty treatment - whether it be the mother of his children, his father, the women in his life, his so called CEO, his hand wrapper etc. So what Manny probably represents to him (apart from someone who is a threat to his "legacy") is someone who is able to make real demands against him, actually challenge him (both in the ring & out) & not instantly succumb to his numerous extravagant terms & that sends all his cogs way out of whack - just my opinion!

It's funny how ordinary folks can have such contrasting & vociferously divided opinions on these two guys - me probably included!!

Suave!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:56:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Great post.

Your last point is absolutely spot on. The main reason why I don't post on this subject on the main boxing forums is that most people take their opinions on these 2 too far. I'm sure you've all read the "Flomo" "Pactard" nonsense, and it's infuriating to read. There has been very little rational discussion on this fight over the last 5 years.

If you look at all the facts, it seems there's been shenanigans from both sides. I don't think the Pacquiao camp leaking details (both factual and fictitious) during negotiations has helped matters at all. It also seems suspicious to me that the drug testing was an issue to start with - then again, innocent until proven guilty.

In any case, we're finally getting to see it. I prefer Mayweather in the ring, and I prefer Pacquiao outside it (Mayweather is thoroughly unlikeable in this regard) - so don't really mind who wins. Hopefully both camps (and fans) can be gracious when it's all over, and say the best man won.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I'm expecting this to be a bit of an anti-climax, but still it's the first PPV I've purchased since Ricky Hatton Can't argue with £19.95 for a fight of this magnitude really, especially considering half of Hearns recent PPV offerings.

I'll record it and save it for Sunday lunch with a few ales, I struggle to stay up for US fights these days and if they do disappoint I can get pretty moody for wasting my time

I'm of the "it's come too late for Pacquiao" camp, but if he somehow did pull it off my wife can forget about any sensible conversation for the rest of the day

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Its gonna be closer than people think

There have been signs of Mayweather slowing a bit to

Put it this way.........if anyone can beat him

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:56:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi,

If you look at Manny he has kept bulk to a minimum staying very lean so I expect him to pounce around like a leopard & utilise his speed - I really think he needs to constantly feint both head & body - sometimes he is too stationary & gets clobbered. I hope he has developed his right hand as well to catch MW off guard.

The way MW is bulked up is very different to his usual approach - remember he blasted Timothy Bradley about bulking up with too much muscle & mass - saying it may look impressive but it is an amateur thing to do - especially when you have to constantly hit & move for 12 rounds.

I was wondering why MW might then do the same - I think he wants to make a statement to the world & try & replicate a Marquez style knockout on Manny.  I was wondering why he went back to chopping wood as his style is for speed, evasion & countering - his lack of power has not been a problem with any of his previous opponents. He has not had a KO for what seems an eternity & disposing of Manny this way would, in his view, just confirm to the world that he is without doubt TBE - It would give that ego victory.

We all know he carries relatively little power & he needs more muscle to create more - just enough to be able to deliver more power without compromising his stamina, speed & movement too much. I actually think he might purposefully reduce his speed in the early rounds so Manny locks on that as a barometer. At the same time, he will try & frustrate Pacquiao all night long luring him in - allowing him pockets of success, read Manny's movements & patterns by the 6th round at the latest.  When Manny then feels he can catch him with something & is lured in, MW will increase his speed, Manny will not be able to adjust & might get countered badly that will either put him on the canvas or KO him.

Why else would he compromise speed & stamina by bulking up this way with an opponent who can pretty much match him for speed & has more power on the most biggest fight of his life? I think that may possibly be at least a part of their strategy but then again, I am just another self appointed armchair wannabe expert - tear into me if you think I am talking crap!

One thing I am pretty much expecting - there to be some sort of controversy regarding Ariza & his possible antics - the guy never fails to get embroiled in some crap in order to grab camera time!

I know it will never happen but it would be a sight too see if Ms Jackson walked into the ring with Manny & stayed at his corner - that might very well put MW off his game plan as he probably would not be able to contain his fury!

Suave!

Use magic Report

That is my worry - you pay for something on a website and what you get is terrible quality because everyman and his wally dug are trying to access it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
u cant have access to the US store without having a US Itunes account. You can go on Itunes US and register new account and select the option of no payment method, there is videos on Youtube about it and register a free US account.

then you can download the app but then you will need the VPN to make the app think you are in US for it to work

streaming is hard to guess, as in UK Sky has the rights, and in US HBO and Showtime, so other streams i would say are redirects from the above which might not be legit as i dont see whilst promotion period any other company advertising etc

Like i have VM and they be using Sky to broadcast it and hence they been stopped to show it in HD as Sky wants that

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部