Author: Cobb

Mayweather V Pacquiao

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:56:53 Mobile | Show all posts
I would say its a bit of messing about and cost is more as HBO are charging about $90 so to us its like £60 which compared to Sky or VM £20. But then again its the biggest fight and also i want to get in HD and good commentary and been with VM i don't get to have it on HD

i am looking at other methods if there are any and if i find some will let you know, obviously legit ways
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Pacman well and truly an underdog here, everyone saying MW to win. This may be the case I just hope he's humbled in this fight by getting dropped. Let's hope it's a great fight and not a anticlimax.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
the thing is that if Manny wins then you know whats coming, Mayweather last match to have a rematch and people like Khan and Brook no chance to get a fight

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Far from it, brilliant post and some interesting thoughts there

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Khan can...

Sorry, couldn't resist. I actually think glass jaw Khan would give Mayweather a few problems with his speed and power. I'm not a massive fan of him but, I'd have liked to have seen him get a shot ahead of Maidana.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Another excellent post there matey

I agree with your comments about the bulking up malarky that some fighters employ. Whilst it certainly adds weight, ergo power to punches - it does not help the mobility of the boxer if the boxer is not built to carry it. It's too tiring for a diminutive person to cart extra mass round the ring for 12 rounds, especially at the lower end but high speed fighting weights. There's only so far up the weight ladder a whippet boxer can go before they hit a brick wall of an opponent who operates at that size as the norm, and they'll usually get blasted out the ring.

Remember Roy Jones Jnr. He went to HW but goodness me, he was overblown and out of his depth. I know he won but he beat a very mediocre John Ruiz. Can you imagine if he had gone to HW against the likes of a Tyson, Ali or Foreman..! He'd have been annihilated.

Obviously, this is not an issue here but it does bring me back to MW, as I also think he looks bigger (not massively so though). Whether this is to weather and soak up a potential flurry in the first half of the fight from Pacman - who knows. Either way, he doesn't need to do that. His defense is the best in boxing and with Pacman (despite his still obvious danger and power), no longer able to maintain his ridiculous energy levels of old, I don't get why he would need to use this tactic.

All he needs to do is what he always does. Feint, jab and move. If he gets to the 6th without having taken any serious hits, he'll be home and dry. I'm unsure on what strategy Roach will have for Manny. The obvious tactic is for KO in the first half but, that's dangerous in the early stages and against an opponent of such defensive quality. If Manny conserves energy for the first 4 rounds or so instead of going all out, I feel he'll have a marginally better chance of a late KO as they both tire, and I'm being generous with 'marginally'.

MW will have to have a monumental lapse in concentration to be KO'd. It does happen though. Remember Froch vs Taylor?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:56:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi All,

Sorry to post what might look like I might be labouring a point regards the the causes of why the fight took so long to happen & which camps was at fault for it but MW said something very revealing today:

"Everything I do is calculated. Even keeping the world waiting for this fight, which would only have been worth $60 million if we'd done it 5 years ago"

From a financial point of view, he is probably spot on so can't blame him but it just goes to show what the real reason was!

Better to wait till Manny is past his prime & fight him once for mega big money than take far greater risks of loss over multiple fights with a prime Manny for what might amount to be the same sort of money!

Suave!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Mayweather on points again....put your shirt on it.

Tempted to get it on Box office but with all the nonsense etc, you can guarantee that Mayweather will take 20/30 minutes to come out to the ring after Pacman has been there. Fight will be way behind time etc. Tempted to go to bed and get up for it.

Use magic Report

Got tenner on Mayweather to knock MP down at any time at 4.50. Only bit of value I could see. Mayweather to win on points for me but manny might get desperate leaving himself open so just small bet.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 20:56:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi All,

I do not normally pay much heed or take seriously what MW-SR normally says but I am beginning to put more stock in my theory about the MW camp looking for a KO against Pacquiao after he stated the following:

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部