Author: Cliff

Brexit Party 'Fastest growing Political Force'

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:46:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Time to get on that campaign plane Nige!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Andrew Marr and Farage.

Farage: May deceiving public over deal

"The interview on the BBC programme also saw Mr Farage asked about past comments on NHS privatisation, climate change, gun control, immigration and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Responding angrily to the line of questioning, he said: "This is absolutely ludicrous, I've never in my life seen a more ridiculous interview than this.

"You're in denial, the BBC is in denial, the Tory and Labour parties are in denial."

Still if Andrew Marr wants to bring up the past.

Andrew Marr: I was a fool to grope a colleague... but I was suffering from exhaustion

"Andrew Marr, the veteran BBC presenter, has blamed “exhaustion” for a set of compromising photographs which showed him embracing a female producer with some enthusiasm.

Marr, 53, a married man, also said an excess of alcohol played its part and admitted that he had been a “fool, fool, fool”."

Use magic Report

Blimey he was suffering from exhaustion? When I’m exhausted I want my bad. Groping someone never enters my mind, but definitely not when I’m exhausted. What a lame excuse.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Car crash for Andrew Marr - wonder who put him up to such a daft line of questioning in the first place because he looked acutely embarrassed with the line he was having to take. *** its an election for the European Parliament - they dont have any input into what the NHS does or doesn't do in the UK.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:46:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Embarrassing for the BBC but not unexpected.  If anything, their behavior is pushing more people towards leave.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 21:46:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Unsurprisingly, if you are a remainer or just don't like Mr Farage then you see the Marr's line of questioning fair. Apparently Marr was interested in finding out the views of someone who is leading the Brexit party. But, this account fails because Marr only trawled for things that he thought, with a bit of spin, would unpopular with the British public.

In fact he should have been asking questions that are currently relevant. Like what happens after the EU elections? How do you intend to make a difference to the Parliamentary impasse?
How can the Brexit party deliver Brexit? Will the Brexit party stand in the GE etc...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
His bosses at the EU BBC wouldn't like that though.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Sozzinski on Twitter

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:46:41 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm never a huge fan of selective quotes being used in memes to further an opinion (not by you, the original creator).  A quick Google finds the original article, which hasn't been selectively quoted;

Poor? Stupid? Racist? Then don't listen to a pampered white liberal like me…

His suggestion of repression being a great instrument for good was specifically in response to tackling inner-city racism on the back of the Stephen Lawrence murder.

"The next answer was given by Doreen Lawrence, welcoming the report's emphasis on education: 'I truly believe in education our history, our background, is what separates us.' But, though teachers are the most effective anti-racist campaigners in the country, this means more than education in other religions it means a form of political education. Only people who understand the economic forces changing their world, threatening them but also creating new opportunities, have a chance of being immune to the old tribal chants.

And the final answer, frankly, is the vigorous use of state power to coerce and repress. It may be my Presbyterian background, but I firmly believe that repression can be a great, civilising instrument for good. Stamp hard on certain 'natural' beliefs for long enough and you can almost kill them off. The police are first in line to be burdened further, but a new Race Relations Act will impose the will of the state on millions of other lives too."

From the responses to the tweet you linked to, it's clear that the majority of those people haven't spent 30 seconds looking for the full article before responding.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:46:41 Mobile | Show all posts
How does it make it any less worse?.

Stamp hard on certain 'natural' beliefs for long enough and you can almost kill them off.

So who gets to decide what beliefs should be repressed - people like Mr Marr?  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部