View: 2498|Reply: 149

Information Overload - Newbie Help Request!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:52:33 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi All,

I'm looking to get into e-cigs - have been using the Nicorette Inhalator Cartridges with great success but they are quite expensive & I get through a fair few.

Trouble is, I am suffering from information overload as there are just way too many options & combinations - I have only just started looking into things & am just flabbergasted at the huge number of options & flavours!! The more I look at options, the more I compare & then the process never ends!

I guess I wish to place the burden on the good folks here & go with recommendations from here as so many are aware of what is good & bad.

I am initially looking for something just to start off with & would make a good substitute for the Nicorette Inhalators - They have a tobacco flavour & give a kind of dry hit at the back of the throat (for me anyway!).

I have read it might be best to get a refillable kit so would be happy to consider such if there are some decent offers/deals anyone can point me to?

I have read from a couple Threads/Posts of past that companies like Liberty Flights, Fast-Tech, TECC, Totally Wicked, CloudCigs etc are pretty decent - I have have a very quick look at some of them but then have a hard time deciding!!

I know this might be a tall order but if at all possible, I would like to buy from a place that does not use liquid that is made or comes from China - I appreciate that a UK/European brand of liquid may cost a bit more but I am assuming it has far better quality/safety aspects?

Many Kind Thanks!
Suave!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:52:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Yup, information overload. A good place to start is to check reviews for any devices. Todd's and Martyn Parker's are always pretty reliable. They both have YT channels.

Now I'm going to recommend 2 starter kits, one from Naturevape and one from Virtualvape. They are essentially very similar and both use their own premade microcoils. These are the heating elements and perform much better than standard versions you get with kits. You can rewick them yourself in minutes (it sounds a lot harder than it is). At present they are the only 2 vendors that sell these kind of handmade coils.

Personally I would go with the Virtualvape one as their replacements are cheaper, plus they also sell their own liquid that is made in the UK. I have not tried the liquid yet as I vape mainly custard and they don't do one yet.

You will usually find vendors very helpful with any questions you may have also.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:52:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi,

oska, thanks a bunch for the info & help - I think if I do anymore looking around I will just confuse myself & then an eternity comparing various specs etc on a topic I am totally ignorant about so I will probably just stick to your recommendation!

I went on the Virtualvape site but was having real probs with it loading on my system so will try again tomorrow & ket you know my thoughts and/or ask more questions!

BTW, when I read your words "I vape mainly custard" I thought boy, that does not sound right & it seems like I am about to enter a whole new & different dimension!!

Suave!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:52:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah it does sound a bit wrong. Custard is a very popular flavour with a lot of vendors making their own kinds. It is a love or hate thing as it is very sweet but I use it all day everyday.

I started using a sweet tobacco or RY4 as it is generally known, that was all I used for around the first year, then I found different takes on it and one day just tried some custard and never looked back. Will be 2 years in December since I quit the cigs and haven't touched one since.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:52:37 Mobile | Show all posts
I started a couple of months ago...I started with the CE4 starter kit (Tobacco flavour)

CE4 Starter Kit

They have done deals in the past where it's been as low as £12.50.

I now use the same kit (Battery & Charger), but with a new clearomiser (the bit the juice goes in and you inhale through), which is much better (IMO) than the one in the kit.

Kanger Protank Mini 3

I also use a slightly different juice now - Vanilla VG 18Mg

XO - Tobacco

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:52:38 Mobile | Show all posts
You should try the Naturevape or VirtualVape coils in your Protank 3, much better than stock and as I mentioned above will last you a good few weeks on one coil.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:52:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies so far! oska, Virtualvape had a £19.99 kit listed yesterday showing as sold out but upon checking just now, there are three kits available:

1. Elite Kit at £24.99
2. Kanger Emow Starter Kit (with one free unicoil) at £33.99
3. Kanger Evod Twin Starter Kit at £29.99

Was it the £19.99 I saw yesterday that you were recommending? I do not know why it is not listed there anymore so I am wondering if it is no longer available or if they are just waiting for more stock? Then again, maybe I misunderstood/misread things - their website is so slow to load & sometimes does not load at all on my system!

A few more questions if I may - As I am so use to the Nicorette Inhalators, can these electronic kits be used without having the smoke effect? I would be happy with just the hit & taste at this point!

These devices are quite big - are there are decent small ones that are close to the size of the Nicorette Inhalators/real ciggies that are still good?

Can one use the liquid & any parts needed from any source/brand or is one tied into the make of the Electronic Ciggie bought?

The last time I smoked it was with Marlboro Lights - is the standard Tobacco Liquid close enough & what strength? What other flavours would you recommend I get just to start me off with?

Many Kind Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
It was the Elite kit I thought would be suitable although the emow will also be good but just more expensive. With regards to size you can get smaller batteries but they will not last as long. A 900Mah battery will last a new vaper a day before needing recharging. You will get used to the size, I started off small but I now wield something akin to a lightsaber around with me. With regards to the cigalikes, some people find them fine but they do get expensive as you are pretty much tied to a certain make. Most companies that started producing them also now make products similar to the kits mentioned as people realise they are much better.

Most batteries, clearomizers you will get from online retailers will be compatible. They will all use an ego/510 threading. The battery on the kit will have both, ego thread is an outer thread and 510 an inner one. The clearomizer you will get will use the outer thread.

Vapour wise you will always get it so it's not as discrete as a an inhalator and more and more places are banning the use just like smoking. There are ways to "stealthvape" and I have never had a problem if you are considerate.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Although I'm not going to recommend anything in particular as I don't feel I've tried enough kit to tell you what's the best deal on the market at the moment, I would say just get anything recommended on here, don't spend too much and see how you go. I found the easiest way to get involved in this confusing world of ecigs is buy something  and take it from there. You then may find something about it not to your liking and a spot of googling will likely find some chat about it which may lead you to an upgrade/change that helps. I'm sure every vaper on here will tell you the kit they currently use is very different from what they started with but would probably all agree that starting with something simple is the way to go.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:52:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi All,

Thanks for all your help so far! TimmyC, I will do just as you say otherwise a newbie like me ends up procrastinating over & over! I will stick to what oska has recommended & get the Virtualvape kit for the benefits he stated.

Oska, VV do have the Elite kit at £24.99 but it is out of stock in all colours so I will check daily to see when it is back in stock - hopefully soon! Man, the VV website is a nightmare on my Laptop - takes an absolute age to load if & when it does - sadly no telephone number to call as I thought I maybe able to place an order via phone/ask questions etc.

On another topic, I read a big scare story today in the Daily Fail about how E-Cigs contain more harmful & cancer causing chemicals than even real cigs - who knows the truth but even I as a total noob was concerned about quality issues hence why I would only consider liquids from the UK/Europe - I just do not trust anything from China - they have no conscience about what they fake - whether it be medicines, baby powder, food stuffs etc. Very glad oska directed me to the VV products!! Have a read & see what you think/feel & if appropriate, maybe inform others on the main page?

E-cigarettes 'contain 10 TIMES more cancer-causing chemicals than regular cigarettes' | Daily Mail Online

Suave!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部