Author: Silverblack

Loewe Connect ID Owners Thread

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:07:17 Mobile | Show all posts
It looks like the post with the piccies has gone missing. I can see the post being quoted but the post and the piccies appear to have evaporated.

I have the 46" version of the set on my shortlist along with the Panny WT50B.

John Lewis have started selling the set. Has anyone seen one on display in the shop. Would be useful to have a play.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:07:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Nice one. The Avatar image really pops out.

Handy that you've got the same Ikea TV bench as me. That was probably Ikea's worst decision to stop making those, though some of the bespoke furniture makers probably breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Cheers,
Tony.

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:07:18 Mobile | Show all posts
I know those ikea benches are ideal if you got numerous bits of kit, they have recently brought out the besta range of tv units again you can get them in three different sizes now.

With vents at the top of of the bench to help with circulation around electronic components you can get them in black brown and white.

As for the avatar shot it was even better seeing in it person the tv has pre-calibrated from the factory settings for hd and the images just look right they are very natural clean full of detail and blisteringly sharp, the image focus on this tv is definately high-end quality.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hello markiedee,

Can you tell me please if the LED backlight in this tv can be dimmed locally and if so if it's able to turn off individual LEDs or clusters of them in which case I'm curious how many clusters. I've been looking all over the internet for answers but to no avail so I'm starting to suspect that there's no local dimming in this tv. If you don't know the answer either and wouldn't mind to find out then you could move a small white object, for instance a mouse cursor, across a black background. At least that's how I've counted the number of clusters on a tv once. I'm not sure if individually illuminating LEDs would be noticable with this method however.
Thank you for sharing your experiences so far with this tv

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:07:18 Mobile | Show all posts
It has video auto-dimming and interior auto-dimming with the option to switch them off. I haven't done this as the tv seems to produce the right amount of brightness in day and night conditions with no issues. Also the leds are situated at the top and bottom of this tv.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Thanks a lot for clearing this up. According to what I've read on the net video auto dimming adjusts the brightness of the backlight according to the brightness of the image that's going to be projected on the screen. That sounds like a good feature and I'm happy to hear it has that.

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:07:19 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah it's something like that but it doesn't have that negative effect like some screens do where you see the screen dim it provides colour rich pictures in the day and night it also has (OPC)-optical picture control which adapts to the ambient light and adjusts the contrast accordingly.

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:07:19 Mobile | Show all posts
This tv also has picture in picture facility to anyone whos interested in that particular feature.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:07:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Hello Markiedee,

I am very interested in getting one (probably the 40") but I was wondering if the panel is that good in terms of light bleed and clouding.

The fact that the panel is from Samsung scares me a bit. I purchased Samsung's new flagship tv but I had to ask for a refund after having replaced it 3 times. All 3 times for the same reasons. Light bleed and massive clouding even while watching a full screen movie.

I would appreciate if you could test it in a completely dark room and give your thoughts about it. Ant back light bleeding or clouding when you have dark menus or dark scenes?

Thanks in advance,

Etuga

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:07:20 Mobile | Show all posts
What you have too remember is just because the panel is from a certain manufacturer they have different ways on how they implement their led structures and backlighting system.

As i have stated i haven't noticed any clouding or backlight bleed, i'm not at home to take pictures but when the tv was delivered i watched it from the time i recieved it till it got dark outside and i didn't notice any backlight bleeding or clouding... i even put it on an all black screen and still didn't see any. Belive me this is one of the things which made me cautious of led tvs in the first place and had i noticed any i would have been on the phone too my dealer.

Heres a few quotes which loewe have from the overview for the connectID

200hz Flowing images
A high image refresh rate ensures that fast-moving scenes, for example in formula 1 or action films, are judder free.

Black is black
Perfect black levels and optimal screen illumination.

Brilliant display
Brilliant and absolutely natural - looking colours

Each and every
tv is individually calibrated at the loewe factory so that you can enjoy a perfect picture.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部