Author: Silverblack

Loewe Connect ID Owners Thread

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:07:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi markiedee thanks for posting the pics i've ordered a 40" inch screen myself on the 3rd of aug from rayleigh hifi and still waiting for it atm. I did notice some clouding on the left side of you're screen did you notice it when you first got the tv or is this something that has come on later?.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:07:31 Mobile | Show all posts
No i didn't notice it at all to be honest, the dimming on this tv is very effective and i actually caught it late last night after viewing a movie. The thing is when watching tv you don't see any at all... it is feint and i have seen alot worse on this forum but i thought that it would make sense to add my findings to this thread.

Oh yeah congrats on your purchase it really is a good tv and i'm sure you will be pleased what colour did you get?  theres so many positives that this tv has that there isn't another brand i would want at the moment.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:07:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Hello,

Just found this link showing some test results:

Loewe Connect Id 40 DR  [CONNECTID40DR ]: specifications, reviews, discount offers and more | Hardware.Info United Kingdom

Results compare the loewe connect to other brands...
Not sure what to say but they do not look very good :|

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Etuga

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:07:32 Mobile | Show all posts
On which picture have you seen the clouding? I see nothing...

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:07:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Reviews i think are all subjective i make my judgements on this tv in comparison to screens which i have owned or seen in stores, theres a few positive reviews of this tv go check out cnet.de and hifitest.de use google translate and have a read on those.

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:07:33 Mobile | Show all posts
After watching tv tonight and having a real good look at the tv on a blank screen the uniformity is very good and the clouding is bearly noticable,  i think that when loewe technical contact me i will cancel the visit as i can tolerate it.

you can't see any sign of it in the day and it doesn't impart on movie viewing at night. Black bars stay black so that can only equate to a positive.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:07:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Well, after going into Richer Sounds to be met by a serious lack of televisions in the models I wanted to look at, followed by a claimed lack of knowledge of the issues the LG LM960 is having - and this bloke was the manager - I escaped and walked the short distance to John Dalton Street and the Loewe Galerie there.

As you'd hope there was a world of difference. Friendly staff, absolutely zero pressure to buy, ample time (well over an hour) to demo the set how I wanted.

My current set is the Toshiba 46ZF355D and suffers from the vertical lining problem experienced by all sets of sets of that era that used the same top end thin Samsung panel. Until recently, the lines have disappeared after a 10 minute warm up. That has degenerated through taking longer and longer to a point where a line about 1 inch in from the left doesn't illuminate properly resulting in a line of a different colour through the picture. Onkyo did the speakers on the set and made a fantastic job too, so was not really looking forward to a modern era set with tinny sound. This was the best TV you could buy 5 years ago.

Demo time!!!  

Picture quality excellent - after getting them to switch all the processing off. Downloaded some footie off t'internet to take and this looked excellent. Basically it handled everything like my Tosh - am certain another Sammy panel in use here. Also took a Muse gig with lots of strobing and this was fantastic.

Audio quality excellent - took the previously mentioned Muse concert and also Pretty Vacant by The Sex Pistols. Muse sounded a bit woolly - seems a problem with the recording as it's the same on my Tosh. Pretty Vacant wasn't. It smacked its way through it - great track for testing audio kit! The set reads FLAC files natively.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I've got a 46er on order with the DR  (not on offer at the Galerie). Looking forward to next week.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:07:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi etuga the clouding was the last picture markiedee posted the screen was on but had no input.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:07:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi markie i got the black and beige and sadly still waiting for it.

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:07:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Congrats tony it is a super tv i'm still uncovering more features especially regarding the sound, it's volume is defaulted at 30 and is a pretty ample volume to start off with. I have since gone into the sound menu where i have turned on the auto volume leveller, and auto speech recognition, that has big benefits when watching films or programs with alot of speech. It comes out crisp and clear and now sounds even richer and deeper. You also have a loudness option headphone volume and so on.

One of the biggest things i have noticed since owning this tv is the fact that i haven't had to really change anything the out of box settings seem very natural and right.

The only thing that i have changed is DNC-digital noise control on sd and hd is set to off.  Image  active processing is left on for both hd and sd. The picture format on hd is set to pc mode as that does pixel to pixel mapping without any overscan or cropping and 16:9 tv for sd tv.

I do also use the DMM-digital movie mode for both hd and sd some might prefer to have this setting switched off you get only really minor artefacting which is rare as the motion processing is really precise and like nothing i've seen before.

One thing that i will mention with the DMM mode activated is i haven't noticed that soap opera effect which surprised me i have watched quite a few dvds and blurays and although the pictures crisp and sharp and smooth with alot of depth i haven't noticed that soap opera effect.

Also remember that if you hook up your bluray player to the tv don't forget to go into the players menu settings and change the resolution to 1080p 24hz. The game mode will be switched on by default on the loewe but your able to turn it off.

Once again congrats tony and it will be good to have another owner on this thread, what colour did you get it in??

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部