Author: nabby

What social class would you put yourself into?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:14:38 Mobile | Show all posts
If there are still service option that clearly states Class then do you not think that class is not a thing now ? I said in a previous post that class for me is based on ones wealth as it always has been be that royal blood  or not . As such its is a tierd system based on wealth and that feeds directly back into ones class as in what one can afford.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:14:38 Mobile | Show all posts
You can win the lottery and have wealth and no class. You can be a Lord and bankrupt. Wealth is a thing but a side issue.

A Touch of Class, Ethnicity and Religion / Useful Notes - TV Tropes

Many academics have attempted to write a definition of the various classes, and most have failed to pin it down exactly, but it has a lot to do with what you do for a living. No, actually, it has a lot to do with what your parentsdo/did for a living, though you can transcend your class.

Also note that class is not directly related to how much money you or your family earn, though it can be heavily related to what school and what if any university you went to. Alas, Tall Poppy Syndrome is still somewhat prevalent; while it's nowhere near as it once was, social climbing is not generally the done thing.

Working Class - Anyone who performs physical labour as part of the job. Used to be the largest group in the country. Although this mostly includes farm labourers in the countryside as well as factory workers and workplace cleaners in the cities, all fairly low paid jobs, it also includes professional footballers, some of whom earn more in a week than the Prime Minister does in a year. A good rule of thumb is "if you work standing up, you're working class".

UK 'now has seven social classes'

Class has traditionally been defined by occupation, wealth and education. But this research argues that this is too simplistic, suggesting that class has three dimensions - economic, social and cultural.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:14:39 Mobile | Show all posts
I've changed that for you

Use magic Report

I don't need to.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Class is based on wealth privilege and wealth , titles especially hereditary only gives one a head start in life and a foot in the door and up . In this day and age unelected peers should not be a thing . Class and culture handed down as a peerage to still be used as a put down , it should be earned and re grown from new not from old tired manure   .

Use magic Report

I think a lot of the 'upper class' are cattle, cash cows if you like, to those who manage their money and make a lot out of it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:14:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Oligarchs?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Here's my rule of thumb: Got a boss? Working class.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I’m not entirely sure if you’re be being serious, but the large majority of people in the U.K. (and many other countries) aren’t simply choosing not to spend their money on first class trains or upper class flights, they actually can’t  afford it.  I realise you’re not really in that bracket, having previously stated that you’re in the top 1% tax bracket, but the fact that you don’t see a class system within the U.K. probably just means you’re not looking for for it.

Use magic Report

Today it is about choice. It is not a tiered system based upon your personal class like how it once may have been. It is all about whether you value a particular service or not. Nobody is excluded if you are willing to pay.

Naturally everyone makes their choice themselves. Some days, when I am still preparing for work, and value a quieter place to work with a table on the train then I pay for first class. Other days I have no such needs and then I value a cheaper ticket over a quiet place to work.

Surely choice is a good thing, I can’t comprehend why anyone would reasonably want to deny other people choices.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部